New Roads! Bonus Chapter

Bonus Chapter: the Forest Bandit Camp Punitive Expedition Force Adventures 

This is happening during the 3.5 in-game months (1 (one) month, 2 (two) weeks in-real-life time) Ben spends renovating the Ruins.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The first episode of the Forest Bandit Camp Punitive Expedition Force Adventures had been uneventful. In fact, the two following the episode were the same. The audience has nearly hit zero until the first Bandit attack happened in the fourth episode.

The audience was fairly good but as the fifth episode was the same as the three first (walking, cooking, talking, picking), the audience left again. and came back at the next attack, to leave again then come back, permanently.

It is only when the tenth episode ended on a Friday evening, after the Bandits chiefs death and the tactical meeting, that players felt something was happening.

By then Ben Varrand was already at the top of the Wall of Fame and known for his various contributions during the Expedition, so the audience finally understood that he was the one they were seeing the story through, players started watching the episodes with extreme application.

Everyone wanted to know how Ben Varrand had climbed to the top of the Wall of Fame chart.

Everyone wanted to see him battle his way into the Bandit Camps.

Everyone wanted to see him as he was the top player of the most played and technologically advanced game in the world.

So players waited impatiently for the weekend to pass and the next episode to be released.

Heart thumping they saw Ben Varrand and his two companions leave for the secret spy mission. When Ben used the Spirit of the Wolf skill, the chat rooms were overflowed with players speculating on the skill. 

When the spying mission was over they marveled at how Ben was able to influence the officials' decisions and tactics by contributing his own touches to their plan.

When the groups left towards the four (4) Bandits Camps at nightfall players knew that the next episode would be epic.

To their surprise, the next episode did not follow the top Avatar Ben Varrand but a simple sword-wielding player part of the forces attacking the Western Camp.

At first, the reactions of the viewers were negative, but when the attackers went down the Camp in deadly silence all reproaches ceased.

They saw the bodies of the bandits being burned and the loot being pilled, waiting for the Expedition trailer to come.

To their desperation, the soldier they were seeing the event through was part of the group who had to wait for the wagon.

As the player waited they saw a black pillar of smoke rise into the sky, then a second one.

That is when the video feed of the player ended.

The next day's episode was of the Southern Camp attack.

This time they were seeing it through the eyes of a female player using a bow and arrow.

They saw her slither through the trees, climb on the platform and silently take care of a lookout then shoot the herb braids into the fires and huts.

As the men on the floor went into the camp, the female archer shoots a few bandits trying to escape.

The attack had been so silent and rapid that none of the bandits had realized what was going on.