Chapter nine

Flashback: 1491 (I think Katherine was a human at this time, correct me if I'm wrong)
Klaus, Kol and Elijah spoke in a study. "I believe we should hold another ball" Klaus said. "If only to see the doppelgängers and capture them for the ritual". "I agree with Nik, the doppelgängers smell like heaven" Kol said slyly with s grin. "Stop being obscene brothers. I do agree with your plan but we will not be harming the ladies Petrova" Elijah sighed. "Oh, what shame" Kol said in a sarcastic tone. "Kol" Elijah said warningly. "Are the infamous Mikaelsons busy?" A sweet tone said at the door. "Or may we come in?" said another, slightly more hardened to the pits of fate. "No, you may come in, ladies" Kol said in a slightly jealous manner. The door opened and the two girls curtsied before standing. Katerina looked shyly at the eldest mikaelson whereas Mariana blushed at Klaus.
End flashback
2015

Klaus, Kol, Elijah, Kai, Matt, tyler, Damon and Stefan talked quietly. "I say we have another ball" Damon said. "Yes, I agree. Katerina is back, we must rejoice" Elijah said in a joyous tone. "Rejoice?" Klaus, Damon, Stefan and Tyler asked with a look of shock. "I agree, and miss Bennett did not attend the last ball, surely she'd need a chance for me to sweep her off of her feet" Kol said with a grin, last night he had certainly done that. "To honour my sons or daughters or both" Klaus said with a smile. They all smirked. "For Hayley, Caroline, and our friends" Tyler said generously. "For being alive...mostly" Damon smirked. "For Damon's humour, where would we be without it?" Kai queried causing Stefan and klaus to chuckle. "For klefan and klaroline" Caroline said from the door.

"For us" Matt said. They all agreed.

Flashback 1491
"Klaus, why are you such a bore?" Mariana asked in concern. "I am more worried for your mental state than Katerina's and that for one is a first". "Ah, Marina, I am most displeased to hear that you think I'm a bore. Perhaps the party tonight shall change this loathe some image" Klaus grinned, unable to stay mad at the fairhaired doppelgänger for that comment.
End flashback

As Caroline giggled, he stared. Yes, he had once loved the blonde Mariana but it was her younger doppelgänger that had stolen his heart for once and for all.