Chapter 10 - Something was wrong

Jennie was on the phone all the way home. After the driver parked the car, she motioned to Roseanne to wait a while. She hurriedly ordered a few words to the person on the phone and hung up.

"In the afternoon or evening, if you want to go out, call Han So-hee and tell her first before leaving." Jennie checked the time and continued, "If you aren't heading out, remember to do your homework. Don't delay it until Sunday night. Go on."

Roseanne blinked in confusion. "You aren't getting out as well?"

Jennie looked at her mobile phone. "There are still a lot of things waiting for me to finish... You go ahead."

After learning that Jennie had specially sent her back, Roseanne was overwhelmed and embarrassed. "Next time, if there is a similar situation, you can tell me in advance. I can come back by myself."

"No, it's okay." Jennie smiled. "It was so difficult to 'snatch' you over. How can I not take good care of you? Even though you still feel that there are others who are better than me..."

Roseanne blushed and begged for mercy, "It was just a slip of the tongue. I haven't met... I haven't met that person at all."

Fearing that Jennie was still upset, Roseanne added, "Even if I'd seen her before, I still think you are much better."

Jennie smiled. Dismissing the issue, she said, "Okay, I will be very busy the next two days. If you have any issues, call Han So-hee and don't be naughty."

Roseanne nodded hurriedly, opened the door and got out of the car.

The aunt at home was preparing the ingredients to be used for dinner. Seeing Roseanne returning home, she smiled and asked, "Will you be having dinner at home tonight?"

"I will be. But for Jennie..." Roseanne replied uncertainly, "I guess the probability of her returning for dinner is low. If you are afraid of cooking too much, before dinner, I can call So-hee and ask."

The aunt shook her head hurriedly. "No, don't. How can we do that? Let's not bother her. I used to do it often and she didn't come back to eat. It's okay as long as you are at home."

"Okay. If she doesn't come back, I'll try to eat more." Roseanne smiled and went upstairs.

Roseanne didn't have the habit of taking a nap. After returning to the room, she changed her clothes and did her homework diligently.

However, it was not easy for Roseanne to concentrate. After writing a few questions, her mind started to drift away. Unconsciously, she thought of Jennie again.

Don't mention Hanbin in front of Jennie anymore... Roseanne still had lingering fears in her heart. She had just made a quick comment and Jennie's face instantly changed.

She didn't say much, but Jennie just looked at her quietly, causing Roseanne to feel a bit uncomfortable. She had felt that Jennie's next sentence would be ordering Han So-hee to tie Roseanne together with a stone and dump her into the river.

Roseanne sighed softly; her aura was way too strong.

Roseanne felt a little sympathetic towards Han So-hee. Having such a boss, if you did something wrong, you didn't need to say anything to her and could only repent by death instead of simply apologizing.

But... Roseanne still couldn't help the thought that Jennie was still very gentle most of the time.

In the past month ever since getting married, Jennie had taken care of all aspects of Roseanne and her life, caring about her studies and paying attention to her daily necessities... Jennie had always been at a distance, neither far nor near. Just the right distance and caring for Roseanne in moderation, allowing Roseanne to slowly get used to the new environment without causing her any discomfort.