Chapter 16 - New Lover

This kind of sweet torture could make one go crazy. Roseanne contemplated for a while and suddenly changed the subject. "That's right! You just mentioned that whatever that I request for the first time, you will agree... Is it true?"

Jennie nodded. She looked at Roseanne with interest, wondering what she would ask for.

"In that case, I'll just say it." Roseanne blasted the distracted thoughts aside and swallowed nervously. "I wanted to find a good time to tell you later, that's..."

Roseanne struggled to continue. "Our midterm exams require parents to attend a parent-teacher meeting."

Jennie didn't react for a while.

"My grades...I will work harder. But... I feel that I still wouldn't be able to surpass the classmate before me, so... My ranking should still be the lowest." Roseanne continued with shame, "So, after the midterm exam, if our teacher calls So-hee, can you let her have a half-day off and let her come over and attend the meeting?"

"She won't be going. I will go instead," Jennie said.

Roseanne stared at Jennie lifelessly, causing Jennie to frown slightly. "It's your parent-teacher meeting. Why let an outsider attend?"

Jennie looked at her and slowly continued, "Since when was your relationship with So-hee so good? Would you rather for her to attend the conference?"

"No, no, I just didn't expect you to come. After all... being the last place..." Roseanne subconsciously tried to clarify. "In addition, I'm not familiar with her. I am afraid of her, really."

Jennie didn't know what Roseanne was struggling with, so she smiled helplessly. "Even though I am busy, I'll still spare the time to attend the parent-teacher meeting. Don't worry."

The wild beast in Roseanne's heart was jumping joyfully. Jennie...will attend the parent meeting for her!

Roseanne cleared her throat and solemnly promised in a low voice, "Well, I will work harder these days before the exam and try my best to... make you less embarrassed."

Jennie smiled. She didn't think it was shameful at all.

And it seemed that Roseanne had probably used up all her courage to tell herself about it.

Jennie thought for a while and smiled thoughtfully. "Since I'll be going, you don't need to tell your mother about this matter."

Roseanne was stunned. Jennie cheekily reminded her, "When you head home this weekend, don't expose yourself."

Roseanne's eyes instantly brightened and he nodded hurriedly. "Yes, since you'll be going, just... don't tell my mother! If she knows about my poor grades, she would be worried and think that I cannot endure anything... She thinks too much. Actually, I'm all right."

Roseanne sincerely continued, "My classmates are amazing. It's normal for them to get better grades than me. In addition, nobody ever laughs at me and they usually help me with questions... All of them are very good. I am very happy being in this class."

Jennie had guessed it earlier. Shin Hye was very thoughtful but was too sensitive when taking care of Roseanne.

However, Roseanne was not that fragile.

Even though she was rebellious, her heart was strong. Without the sentimentality of her peers, she was very optimistic and her ability to withstand pressure and blows was very good. Jennie was deeply satisfied with her evaluation.

Soon enough, they arrived at Roseanne's school. Jennie raised her hand to check her watch and commented, "Good. You're not late. Go on."

Roseanne nodded. She put her hand on the door handle, hesitated for a second and whispered, "Also, Jennie ...Thank you for today."