Chapter 44 - Roseanne and I... are already together

Jennie and Roseanne's night in the bridal chamber lasted from the 30th to the first day of the New Year.

At midnight, Jennie's uncle, Hanbin Kim frantically looked for Jennie on the first floor, waiting for her to go to the courtyard and light up the thousand-ring firecrackers she had prepared. Hye-su hugged a little niece and laughed. Stopping Hanbin, she said, "She drank a few more glasses today and is already lying down. I'll trouble you to light it up for her. After listening to the fireworks, we can turn in. Several of the old people are already waiting."

Hanbin did not understand Hye-su's underlying meaning and frowned. "How can that be? I'll go see her..."

"Sister-in-law asked you to go, why so much nonsense?" Jennie's aunt, winked at her husband. "It's so cold outside. You called Jennie out of bed because you wanted her to freeze? Quickly go."

Hanbin was stunned when she heard the word "in bed", and then she thought of how he didn't seem to have seen Roseanne for a while and understood. He patted her forehead and nodded. "Yes, yes, I'll go now."

Hanbin put on the coat that the servant handed him, lit a cigarette and went to the courtyard.

Hye-su smiled at the corners of her mouth and turned her head to Wan Ran, "Jennie isn't able to sleep well when she drinks too much. Tell Han Jin and Hanbin, when they go upstairs, to enter from my side of the stairs and to softly climb up. Don't go from their elder sister's side."

"Don't worry." Wan Ran smiled, "Both of them might not even come back tonight. I'll let them know when I call later."

Just after dinner, Han Jin went out to find friends and went out to have fun. Hanbin knew to avoid suspicion. He didn't dare to go near Roseanne, lest he be taught a lesson by his elder sister, so he slipped out early.

After Hye-su made sure that her daughter would not be heard from the corner, she put a small cloak around her little niece and opened the window. Hanbin lit the firecracker in the courtyard, stepped back, and let them crackle.

The cold wind blew into the room along the window, and everyone in the room suddenly became cold, smiling and leaning towards the window to watch and listen to the fireworks. They all wished each other a happy new year.

At the same moment, in Jennie's room on the second floor, spring was strong.

When she first got married, Roseanne was inexplicably warned by a small celebrity, saying that Jennie "could toss in bed very well". Although she later learned that the person and Jennie didn't know each other at all, the impression at that time was too deep, causing Roseanne to continuously have lingering fears. She worried that she would be overwhelmed.

However, now that they were ready to stay together for a lifetime, she had to tolerate everything about the other party. Whether it was strengths or weaknesses, as an inseparable part of the other party, loving a person was to love everything about her.

Not to mention, they were legal wives. It was necessary to meet each other's needs after marriage. This was nothing. It might be a little painful, but it might not be too painful, especially with the other party being Jennie...

When lying in bed, Roseanne kept reminding herself that there was nothing to be fussed about. They were in love with one another, and they were protected by the law.

"Nervous?" Jennie was afraid that Roseanne would be cold and adjusted the temperature to a few degrees higher. She gently touched her hands and asked, "What are you mumbling about?"

"I'm memorizing... the marriage law..." Roseanne wanted to be more knowledgeable, but she shivered as soon as she spoke. Her voice trembled a bit.

"Don't worry, it won't hurt."