Chapter 28 - I have no confidence in myself.

The gift Jennie carefully prepared really surprised Hye-su.

The value of the gift didn't matter. What was rare was her daughter's heart. Hye-su loved being in a lively crowd and was also concerned about her reputation. In front of so many people, she was in a good mood when she received such a gift from her son.

"Happy birthday." Jennie smiled and kissed his mother on the cheeks. "I wish Ms. Hye-su to be forever young."

"Such sweet words."

Roseanne also grinned. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you, thank you." Hye-su smiled and looked at Roseanne. "Your mother is already here. She's on the second floor. Go and greet her."

Roseanne looked at Jennie subconsciously. Jennie nodded. "Go."

"Wherever you go, you still have to let her know?" Hye-su patted Roseanne on the shoulder. "Go on, go."

Seeing that Roseanne went upstairs to find Shin Hye, Hye-su smiled at the ring on her finger and whispered, "When was this?"

"Bought it last week." Jennie didn't think there was anything to it and her expression was natural. "I'm already married. Isn't it normal to wear a wedding ring?"

Hye-su smiled nonchalantly. "Really? Before getting married, I wanted to order rings for you. When I asked you for the size, this was not what you said..."

She smiled when a lady passed by, and then lowered her voice when she walked further away. "You said it was just a formality. You don't need a ring, and you didn't have the habit of wearing a ring. Why the sudden change?"

Jennie smiled. "The mistakes I made when we first got married, I wonder how long it will take for me to make up for it."

"Every time you and I go around in circles like this, I want to beat you..." Hye-su glared at Jennie, "Tell me truthfully. What's the matter between you and Roseanne?"

Jennie smiled, thought for a moment, and then responded, "It's nothing much. I suddenly feel... I should be more responsible towards her."

She didn't want the incident where Roseanne was so angry that she broke the cue stick to happen again.

Hye-su didn't know what happened. Recalling Roseanne's reddish cheeks and the attachment in her eyes when looking at Jennie just now, she couldn't help her thoughts. "What did you do, you... for you to take responsibility?"

"Don't think too much." Jennie laughed, "She is still young."

Hye-su asked frankly, "How old? She's even in the legal age for marriage now."

She watched the exciting situation and continued to fan the flames, "Living together and getting along with one another day and night..."

"No." Jennie said calmly, "Ms. Hye-su, you're seriously misunderstanding me. Although I am not a good person, I am not a beast. Do you need to ask our auntie? I have almost never been in Roseanne's room and she has never been to mine."

Hye-su shook her head and sighed. "I don't understand why you are so arrogant. You've been married for more than two months and are still so upright. You're not ashamed, but proud."

She continued to probe, "If you two love each other, especially within a marriage... how can you be considered a beast?"

Jennie paused and sighed slightly. "Unfortunately, we're still not in a relationship."

As Jennie's mother, Hye-su's sensitive ears caught a little regret and forbearance in Jennie's tone. The smile on her face became deeper than before.