Chapter 38 - Let's start with the wedding first

Like a knife, Roseanne's words went straight into Jennie's heart, causing it to ache.

Thinking about her indecision over the past few days and about the vital "variable" that disturbed her these days. She then looked at Roseanne who tried her best to restrain her tears, the shackles that had been in her heart for many days fell apart in an instant.

Roseanne was far bolder and stronger than she had thought.

Whereas Jennie regarded herself as an elder and was indecisive, Roseanne, who was fourteen years younger than her, had already made a decision for her long life ahead of her.

Jennie then only knew that Roseanne had already seen the anxiety in her heart.

It was not Roseanne's intention to be that young.

These days, Roseanne was also trying her best to protect their relationship in her own way.

Unusual clinging, frequent kisses, naive flirting... half of it was being in ecstasy knowing that the person she liked also liked her back. The other half was between showing her true intentions and sincerity to Jennie.

She wanted Jennie to know that she was serious, sincere and did not intend to leave the other any other way out.

Jennie asked Roseanne to carefully think about it. But no matter how much she pondered, she still liked her.

This was not doing business. It was impossible to accurately evaluate, hesitate and consider carefully before signing the last contract.

The moment you like someone and have decided to stay together for a long time, how could there be time for you to repeatedly consider it?

Roseanne asked Jennie with forbearing tears in her eyes. I have already given it up, why can't you? Why don't you believe me?!

Roseanne sniffed and straightened her neck. Restraining the choking in her throat, she stiffly said, "What the hell do you want me to do... for you to not think I'm impulsive? Tell me! I'll do it!"

Jennie, who thought she had eaten salt for more than ten years compared to Roseanne, was defeated by Roseanne's single-handed confession.

"I was wrong." Jennie took Roseanne's hand and pulled her into her embrace.

Jennie turned her head, kissed Roseanne's face lightly and depressingly continued, "The situation at that time... Obviously, I should have proposed marriage."

Jennie did not say it, but Roseanne knew that she was talking about the day she gave the ring to her.

It was also in this room and at that time.

That day, they'd just kissed, and Jennie handed her a ring box. It was Jennie's sincerity. She had said that she could use it as a toy and had her hold onto it first.

It was clearly written in the ring box, on this joyous occasion, the red threads are tied together and they are perfect for each other. May the couple grow old together, deeply in love.

That was Jennie's sincere desire in this lifetime.

It was the first time Jennie had fallen in love with someone. When she was young, her pure heart had been worn out during the years of fighting against the world. After understanding her feelings, she overthought things for the first time.

Her mature mentality and body were incompatible with her first love for someone. They intertwined and collided, making her feel contradictory. Jennie needed extreme restraint to seal the not-so-glorious thoughts and plans in her heart so as to not hurt Roseanne.