Chapter Four: Tea With a Mouse

I was sipping chamomile tea across from a mouse who was probably the same size as Qamar give or take a few inches.

Qamar had fallen asleep on my lap. Her hands shook so badly she latched onto me for support.

I forced my own trembles to halt and give her every last bit of my strength, helping her to sleep peacefully.

Her grip never loosened.

And the clenching in my chest never ceased.

"Olene darling you're going into high school this coming term are you not?" Nezu asks me.

I nod at him.

"Wonderful. I'd like to offer you a potential spot here at U-A high. You will take the entrance exams along with everyone else and you will pass. It would be an honor to have yet another Akemi attending this school. Your brother and sister excelled here. I hope you will too."

I stare at Nezu blankly, "Can I even go to school? I have my sister to care for. I have to drop out and get a job." I say.

The heroes in the room stare at me blankly.

"I am not allowing the only children of my good friends to end up in an orphanage." All Might snaps instantly.

He looked pissed and seconds from bawling his eyes out.

They'd all known my parents.

I don't think they was a person alive today who didn't.

"You will be offered a full scholarship if you can prove to me your abilities are up to par with the Akemi reputation." Nezu says.

I scowl at him. His words were completely out of line. "My family IS NOT a tool you can use to market your school." I sneer, my anger cause my hair to slowly rise, flickers of electricity flickering in my irises and the ends of my hair.

Nezu's eyes widen slightly.

No one says a word.

The room was packed full with Present Mic, All Might and Midnight on the opposing couch to mine, Qamar's, the detective and Eraserhead's.

Nezu sat in a single couch between us and Ectoplasm was standing to the side.

Cementoss stood beside his comrade.

"I meant no disrespect Olene."

"Akemi." I say, not looking at him, "Call me Akemi."

"Olene." Detective Tsukauchi scolds me.

"What?? Do you not hear him? It has barely been a month since Jamellah and Kolton passed and he's already trying to replace them!" I snap.

"I loved those kids." Nezu says sadly. "They were such bundles of joy and heroic potential. They would have made frighteningly good heroes."

"We all loved your siblings Olene." Midnight gives a sad smile, tears prickling at her eyes. "You look like them you know. Like a mixture of the two of them in one human. You're a mixture of your parents as well." She says softly.

I clench my teeth.

I'd heard that one before.

Jamellah and Kolton were primes copies of our mother and father respectively. Like mini clones. I had been the mix of both.

Whereas both my mother and Jamellah were strong willed, loud, open minded people. Kolten and dad were soft-spoken, quiet and determined.

I guess god jumbled up all the traits in a bowl, said screw it and dumped them all into me.

I wasn't skinny by any means shape or form. Something both me, my mother and Jamellah all shared. We were on the healthy side, with big thighs, a belly and a big butt. We just didn't fit in with the stereotypical beautiful skinny Japanese beauty stereotypes here.

And that was fine.

I had grey eyes and hair so black it looked like it'd stain your fingers like ink if you touched it. These were traits my dad and Kolten shared.

I'd thought I was the odd one out but nope in swooped Qamar and she literally caused a turmoil of confusion among us.

"I offered her a place with me." Tsukauchi informs All Might, whose angered stance softens instantly.

"Thank you Naomasa." He sighs in relief.

"Do you want to go to U-A Akemi?" Nezu asks me. "I'm so sorry. I got ahead of myself. I didn't even ask what you wanted." He cringes.

I eye him warily. My siblings adored him but I wasn't really pro-Nezu right now.... neither was Qamar to be frank.

"If I wasn't in charge of providing for Qamar now, I would have said yes. But I have a kid I need to watch over."

"You can provide for her better as a hero." Midnight points out.

"Where would she stay while I am in class?" I ask, gritting my teeth. "I appreciate the offer but-"

"I have no problem with Qamar staying in class with you during the day." Nezu responds, "Im sure we could even hire a nanny to assist you.... on the school of course. I owe your parents that much at least." He interrupts quickly.

Everyone whirls on him eyes wide.

"A two year old baby in a classroom?" Present Mic asks, extremely confused.

Yeah okay I guess no one was expecting that.

"We must think of the other students Nezu." Eraserhead warns.

"This is only if the child passes the entrance exam."

"OF COURSE SHE'S GOING TO PASS!" Present Mic explodes.

The glare I send him when Qamar shifts in her sleep was lethal.

He cringes and starts whispering over dramatically, "She's a freaking Akemi!!"

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't discuss me as if I'm not in the room." I tell them dryly.

"Stop interrupting the adults." Tsukauchi smacks the top of my head and I scowl.

"If those students can't understand and handle the circumstances regarding this arrangement, then I doubt they are capable of being pro-heroes." Nezu shrugs elegantly.

I stare at him silently. He was being really helpful. Was this why my siblings liked him so much.

"Stop being a bitch and just agree."

My eyes stare at the flickering form of my older sister.

I almost screamed. I think I was a deathly white, almost green color.

"He cried for days when he found out what happened Olene." The accent in her voice was making my eyes tear up.

"He truly wants you two close to him so he doesn't loose the last members of the family he considered his own."

The lump in my throat was a full on stone.

Her beautiful and peaceful face was in one of her teasing smiles. Her form was flickering blue with electricity.... my electricity.

Was I going crazy?

No one else seemed to freak out over the appearance of a ghost in the middle of the room.

"I am NOT a ghost." She looked insulted.

Yeah I was going insane.

"Akemi? Akemi??" Nezu was calling my name.

I whip around, still pale, staring at him silently.

"Are we in agreement? Do you approve of this arrangement?" His eyes were cautious. They were begging me to agree.

My eyes flicker up to my sister's form who was glaring at me.

I give the man a small smile and nod, "Call me Olene, sir."

He blanches in shock for a second before his whole face lights up and he nods eagerly.

"Looking forward to seeing you here next semester Olene."