Chapter Seven: The Threats of an Akemi

It was the middle of the night when my phone zings with a notification.

Qamar was asleep on the bed beside me and a bunch of the pro-heroes were snoring away in this huge dorm room they all seemed to share.

I pick up the phone, curious and the fear that latches itself around me was suffocating.

The phone in my hands had started to shake and I stare at the photo that had been sent to me. I instantly screenshot it and the number that had messaged me.

"She'll be killed. Surrender yourself or there will be others."

My cousin was tied up, eyes wide. Her classic Akemi hazel eyes were overwhelmed in tears and her body was torn up.

She was missing a couple of fingers and her high school uniform was covered in blood.

My breathing comes out ragged and I stand up slowly.

No. Not her. Not Ronda.

Another picture is sent and this is one with her throat slashed. Her mouth was in a frozen scream and her eyes vacant and unseeing.

The horror makes me stumble forward. My feet buckle and I fall to the floor in a loud bang. My head was in between my hands and I was rocking myself back and forth, tears staining my cheeks.

"No- No.... Noo..." I was muttering over and over again.

"OLENE!!! OLENE YOU LITTLE RASCAL!! JAMELLAH YOUR FUCKING SISTER!!!" Ronda screams and races after me in my mind. And in my head she was laughing, her blonde hair sparkly and shiny in the sun, her best friend, my sister races outside and bursts out laughing at the sharpie on her cousin's face.

Ronda did not deserve that. She didn't deserve to be forced into a quirk marriage at eighteen with some rando she met two days prior. Ronda deserved the world. And now she was dead. Killed by some psychopath.

"Olene?" Nezu demands, voice groggy with sleep. He strides forward, arms out and comforting, "What's the matter, child?" He demands but his eyes were suddenly trained on the phone my eyes couldn't look away from.

Her hair was blood red.

Her smile was in a scream.

And her spirit was ripped away.

"Is that?" His hands reach out and he takes the phone, reading the messages. "Aizawa." His voice was curt and hard. He passes the phone to a still sleepy Aizawa and the confused look on his face eases into one of rage.

"Those bastards."

"No. No. No." I repeat, "She's not dead. She's not dead. She's not dead."

A ball of light goes in my vision and I blink turning sideways. Ronda's quirk was light manipulation. The light had been blue. Ronda grins at me, tears in her eyes. "Bye, you little brat." She sobs out, her form was doused in electricity and my hand goes up to my mouth.

"No." I croak out.

"Don't let the bastard win." She begs me and the tears come faster. "He tortured me for days."

My sister walks up and places a hand on our cousin's shoulder, "Time to go Honda Civic." She was trying to be teasing but her voice comes out in a croak.

"I missed you." She smiles at my sister and then her form goes out in a burst of electricity.

My sister eyes me sadly and then she too disappears. I grab at my chest and let out a whimper of pain.