Chapter 10: Idle Transfiguration

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Before Nanami and I went to go find the culprit of the two deceased students, we decided that we'll go look for it after Nanami finishes some errands.

While he was doing his arrands I went for a walk in the area where I met Junpei.

The district still filled with people going wherever they needed to go. Teenagers skipping school. Adults rushing to work. The usual really.

"Hey wait a minute..." I said quietly when I noticed Junpei also wondering the streets.

"Hey you!" I called out as people then started to stare at me, but I ignored them.

"Huh? Oh, it's you!" Junpei said as he started to smile.

"Never got your name before what was it?" I asked trying to not sound suspicious.

"Ah, I'm Junpei Yoshino." He replied.

"Well then, it's nice to meet you, again, Junpei." I said.

"What's your name?" He asked me.

"Uh, call me whatever you like." I responded.

"Hm, I guess I'll call you... Anonymous san." He said.

'That name really does catches on..." I thought.

"So, Junpei. What're you up to right now? Don't you have school around this hour?" I asked.

"I well- um, I had a sudden doctor's appointment and didn't know how long it was going to be and when. So I asked for the day off... and so now I'm just taking a stroll." He said smiling nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Ah, I see." I said.

"Want a snack to eat?" I asked.

"What kind of snack?" He responded.

"A snack from any of these shops." I said while pointing at some shops.

"Can I get a crab omlette on rice at that restaurant over there?" He asked while pointing at another direction.

"Sure." I said as we both started to walk over there.

---
Once we got in he ordered his food. "Are you sure you're not going to get anything Anonymous san?" Junpei asked.

"I'll be fine, I already ate." I replied.

"Here's your order sir." The waiter said as she placed the food on the table.

"Thank you!" He replied.

"How was the movie?" I asked referring back to the day we met.

"It was good, but then something happened somewhere in the theater and we were told to leave..." He said looking away.

"I see... Enjoying your food?" I changed the subject.

"Very much!" He responded.

"That's good to hear." I said.

"By the way Anonymous san..."

"Hm?"

"Why do you where that mask?"