~10~

Madelaine

After cooling myself off I gather the things I needed and decided to go see what the problem was and why I couldn't see the kids.

Walking to my car i unlocked the doors and got in. I started the car and waited for the engine to cool down. Once that was done I drove to my old house.

I know showing up unexpected might be a problem considering if Vanessa's there, which she probably is.

I'd send a text but I don't know if I'm blocked.

Thinking about it too much I passed the house like an idiot. Cursing under my breath I did a u-turn and parked in the front of the house.

Getting out I made sure I had my phone on me just in case they lie to me about something.

I walked up to the door and knocked on it before taking a couple steps backs. After waiting for the door to open I see it was vanessa. She looked startled.

"W-what are you doing here?" She asked hiding behind the door some.

"I was wonder if I could see the kids. Kelly said she'd bring them to the part but never did"

"The kids told me that Camila said you couldn't see them today though?"

"She lied. Ask Kelly if she's here. She said something about you and coming over here to get them but I didn't want to scare you. Even though I'm showing up without saying" I explained, "Here's the messages of you don't believe me."

I placed my phone on the ground and moved it towards her so I wouldn't have to get close to her. She came from behind the door and grabbed the phone and looked at the messages.

"You'd have to be supervised to see them though"

"I'm not gonna hurt my own kids Vanessa. Just tonight? I'll bring them back the next day"

"I don't trust you enough for them to stay with you" she said placing my phone on the ground and slid it towards me.

"Well could I just play with them out here? You could watch me from the windows"

"Ok um let my go get them" she said closing the door slightly.

I went and picked up my phone before sitting in the grass. I looked up at the clouds and tried seeing if I could point out a figure until the kids came out.

"Mommy!" I heard voices squeal. I looked back and saw the kids running towards me. Even Rimick, he was walking though, not running.

"Hey kiddos"

"Camila said you wouldn't be able to get us" Russell said as he sat beside me.

"That's not what happened. I was waiting for you all to see me at the park and Kelly said she'd get Camila to bring you" I explained as Rimick came and sat on my lap.

"I miss you dada"

"I missed you to buddy and the rest of you. I hope we can make up for the two years"

"You have a lot of birthday and Christmas presents to give us" river giggled.

"And I promise to get them, you just have to tell me what you'd like" I commented looking at each one of them. I stopped at Katy and noticed how quiet she is. "Is everything ok Katy?"

"Mhm" she nodded not looking at me.

"Did I do something wrong Katy? Why aren't you talking to me?" I wondered, I hope my miss of presence didn't make her upset.

"Mommas hurting?" She mumbled looking down.

"How? Do I need to call someone to help?" I asked unlocking my phone.