2

Giyuu's pov. 

He sighed softly following a long path that had led him to a house. He knew how being paired with Sanemi would turn out. He didn't view the Wind Pillar as anything particularly bad as he assumed he had his reasons. 

Giyuu walked up to the house with caution as the house was run-down. His instinct told him there were demons near. He held the hilt of his sword ready to draw. Before he could knock on the door, an old woman opened the door. She shrieked in surprise as he was holding a sword. 

"My Apologies."

"Ah, don't be young man. I'm also up on my feet as there are demons lurking around."

"Demons? Please tell me anything you know."

"Oh! You must be from the Demon Slayer Crops from the look of your clothing. Come in young man. I'll bring us some tea."

"No thank you. Please just tell me what you know about the demons here."

"I'm afraid I can't young man."

Giyuu had been distracted by the old woman. Multiple demons had lurked from behind, one getting to Giyuu's shoulder. Blood spilled out as Giyuu winced at the pain. Giyuu quickly pulls out his sword enduring the pain. There were at least 20 demons behind. 

With a swift dance of his water breathing techniques and swaying his blade in beautiful action, he annihilated every single one of them. 

"You. Old woman. Tell me now. Are you working with these demons?"

"No, no, no! They forced me to do this! If I didn't, they would k-kill me."

"Tell me more about it."

"These groups of demons came into my house and killed my whole family except for me. They told me to lure people in so they could eat more. I would do it by bringing drunk men to my house so the demons could feast, but today one of the demons had noticed a white-haired man and a black-haired man, which I would assume the black-hair one was you, had been asking for information. They had seen you two go off your own ways asking around for more, so they knew either one of you would eventually come. They had told me to stay put and lure you in."

Giyuu shook his head as he digested it in. 

"How old are you old woman?"

"89."

"You've lived a long enough life already."

Giyuu sharply hit the woman's neck and she fell unconscious to the floor.