14

Giyuu's pov. 

He thinks... I'm beautiful too? No, it's just one of his jokes. But he's so serious. Why do I feel so warm? 

"Um, thank you Shinazugawa."

"Yeah, yeah."

"So you heard me."

"Of course, since we're in such close proximity. Perhaps, you want to come closer so I can hear all your secrets?" Sanemi whispered into Giyuu's ear playfully which sent a shiver up his spine. 

"No, not necessary at all..." 

"Oh, so shy?"

"..."

Giyuu was suddenly reminded of a festival that was going to take place that night. It took place annually and was a time to appreciate the moon with loved ones. Giyuu, however, was unable to share the beauty of the moon with anyone as he didn't know who to share it with. It felt improper to hinder any of the Hashiras to spare their time, accompanying him to indulge in enjoyable activities. If a Hashira were to spare their time for him, he would never be able to figure out how he would ask them, since he had figured most regarded him indifferently. He noticed that today, Wind Hashira wasn't being his usual self, as he seemed more friendly than usual. Seeing that this would be a perfect opportunity, he practiced some lines mentally. 

Shinazugawa, I was wondering if you wanted to, later this evening, accompany me to a festival? Shinazugawa, I was wondering if you wanted to... I hope I don't mess this up. 

"Shinazugawa, I was wondering if I wanted to, later this evening, accompany me to a festival? Wait, no. That's wrong. Sorry. I was wondering if I could accompany you to a festival? Wait, no. That's wrong. Sorry. Um... I just mean, would you like to go to the festival together?" Giyuu was a flustered mess. 

"Haha! I didn't know you, Tomioka, could mess up his words so badly!"

"So, the festival?"

"I'll think about it. I might go on one condition."

"What will that be?"

"Buy me some ohagi, then I will consider."

"Ohagi? Alright..."

"What?! Got something against it? If you do, then I'll just have another reason to be against you."

"No, no. I find it a bit surprising a Hashira like you would enjoy eating ohagi."

"What's that supposed to mean."

"Nothing at all."

"Anyways, what about that ohagi? Are you going to get it or not?"

"I will."

"It's settled then. I will go with you to that stupid festival."

"Thank you."

As they realized there wasn't much of a sunrise left, their redundant conversation came to an end. They were still holding hands tightly as Sanemi seemed unwilling to let go. This confused Giyuu considerably. The gesture symbolized the deeper connection between two people, showing intimacy between them. Just a few days ago, Sanemi was his usual self, swearing and scoffing uncontrollably. Until now, Giyuu had no idea what had changed.  

"Shinazugawa, you know our hands are still..."

"I do and I intend to keep it that way. And why? Because it's a fucking secret."

"Alright then."

Well, his hands are warm and they do feel nice in a way. I guess it wouldn't hurt too much to keep being like this.