3

Sanemi's pov. 

The only thing on Sanemi's mind was if this mission had ended. He saw no more point in asking the common folk and wandered off to find clues himself. He was extremely frustrated as there was no clue where the demons were. Sanemi clenched his teeth as he turned his body back to the direction where he had run off from Giyuu. He had figured there may be demons there instead. 

He followed the road which eventually led him onto a long path. It led to a run-down home that had an old woman laying down in the distance. The house of the door was wide open and Sanemi sensed danger. He walked further as he felt a weak demon scent. He drew his sword quick, ready to fight. 

He entered the house as the floor had creaked loudly. The air was filled with blood and dust, making him ruffle his nose. He walked down the hallway which had turned right to a room. He had paused. A figure was gripping its shoulder, its head hanging low. There was barely any sun shining through the window of that room. 

A demon.

Without any more hesitation, Sanemi ran and swung his sword at the demon. The demon had responded as it picked up a sword to defend itself. The demon looked up. 

"It's me, Tomioka."

"AHG FUCK! It's only you! I had thought I finally found some useful information."

Sanemi slumped down beside Giyuu as he was exhausted from the day of not finding any actual demons. He had noticed why Giyuu was holding his shoulder. 

"What, you injured?"

"There were some demons outside of this house."

"Ha. That explains the weak presence of demons. I was really hoping I would get to slay some. Turns out you hoarded them all."

"The old woman outside had told me she had been kept alive to lure in people. The demons were working together, it seems as if there were no lower or upper-moon demon after all."

"Well, at least this mission is solved. I'm not going to thank you though Tomioka."

"I didn't need thanking."

Though Sanemi had seen Giyuu grip his shoulder tightly, he had just noticed a large puddle of blood beneath him. Since the light in the room had been so little, it was only then he knew. 

"Hey. You're bleeding a lot. Why didn't you rip some fabric off your haori to keep your blood from flowing?"

"I can't, it's precious to me."

"So you, the arrogant Water Hashira would rather bleed to death than rip a piece of fabric off of his haori to stop his bleeding."

"I wouldn't say I would bleed to death."

Sanemi thought for a moment and sighed. He wanted to be nice for once and ripped out a piece of fabric from his hoari. He saw Giyuu's eyebrows raise as he slightly tilted his head sideways.

"Since you don't want to rip your precious haori, I did it for you. Now be quick and take off your clothes."