21

Sanemi's pov. 

It's expected if he doesn't say it back... It's too sudden anyways. I just needed to get it out...

"I- Sanemi..."

"You don't have to say it back if you don't mean it. I just wanted to let you know how I felt..."

Sanemi turned his head to the side and coughed up a large clump of blood from his throat. The taste stung and the dark red liquid dried his mouth. It became increasingly difficult for him to keep up with his breathing. As he gazed upon what he thought was the most precious person in the world - Giyuu.

Drops of tears delicately fell from Giyuu's face, landing on Sanemi's cheeks. He extended his hands to pull Giyuu back to his body, attempting to wipe away his shedding tears. Giyuu closed his wet eyes, clenched them tightly, then relaxed them all at once. His warm breath touched his face. He inhaled and exhaled slowly, inch by inch, leaning in closer...

Sanemi felt Giyuu's lips press gently against his. 

"I love you too, Sanemi."

Giyuu breathed out against his lips, joining his forehead onto Sanemi's. A pair of arms slowly wrapped around its way to Sanemi's back, embracing him tightly. Giyuu placed his head in the crook of Sanemi's neck. Sanemi's body shook as he felt the vibrations of Giyuu's sobs.

If only there was another way... That fucking demon... telling me what he's going to do with Giyuu... I can't. CAN'T!

Giyuu was suddenly ripped from his embrace. He was thrown harshly against a tree, his back bouncing off. Douma stood in front of Sanemi, his eyes squinting as he pulled out sharp metal fans. The edge of one of Douma's fans was pressed into Sanemi's open wound, while the other fan was used to cover his face. 

"Hmm... This is what happens if you continue to delay... Pretty boy." Douma said as he walked towards Giyuu. 

He reached out with his hand and grasped at nothing as he turned to his side. The clogged-up blood from his stomach wound spilled all over the grass. He lay on his back and began Recovery Breathing, resisting the urge to drag himself over to Giyuu. In his state, it wouldn't do much except buy him a little more time. Just time to live. 

He turned his head to see Douma crouching down, tipping Giyuu's chin up and down with his finger, while also saying words that were inaudible to him. Seeing Douma lick Giyuu's ear, Samemi bared his teeth in disgust and Giyuu's reaction was one of pure hatred. Douma trailed his tongue all the way down to his neck, sucking deeply. As he continued to lick and suckle Giyuu, his fangs eventually pierced Giyuu's skin. His skin began to lighten as more blood was consumed.

He can't fucking kill him right now... Please... He can't... 

Before the consciousness of Giyuu was lost forever, Douma stopped sucking his blood as he opened one of his metal fans. As he trailed along Giyuu's clothes, he chuckled menacingly as he reached for his back. With a single precise movement, Giyuu's haori, which he treasured with his life, was slashed in half vertically.

His haori... I remember him saying that it is precious... So instead I gave him mine to seal his wound... 

Samemi heard Giyuu cursing under his breath, becoming louder and louder as he repeated it over and over. Sanemi was deeply hurt by seeing the person he loved suffering because of his own inability to defeat the demon. He wanted to scream, to yell, to cut off the demon's head. Anything to protect Giyuu. Thus, he ended up having to do the one thing he'd thought he'd never have to do - plead.

"Please!... I beg anyone out there! A-Anything! To it be gods, Budda, or a person! Just...Anyone listening... Please... I desperately need help. I just want the person I love... to be safe..." 

There was something in the distance running towards them with agility like an insect. Sighing, he began to experience what he thought were hallucinations. To a certain extent, he did not truly believe he was going to be heard. Slowly, he let go of the wound, turning his head to the sky. As he thought of the short time he spent with Giyuu, his lips turned slightly upwards. As he reminisced his bittersweet life, the world collapsed from his sight.