10

Giyuu's pov. 

"This will be fun! Two Hashiras, more blood!" the atrocious demon yelled. 

Giyuu said nothing but gave a death stare. 

"Just seeing how frail the white-haired Hashira has been the past few nights, I just so wanted to kill him in his sleep. Ahh! To taste the flesh and blood of a Hashira. Only one so capable could achieve such a thing. But you dark-haired Hashira, such a nuisance! Sleeping by his side, guarding him so dearly." 

"Enough talking already."

"What? Do I annoy you? Angry at me for exposing you? Oh! There's nothing to be embarrassed about! I don't know what human emotions are, but I've never seen someone be so caring towards another." 

Giyuu sighed, a bit flustered. 

"Alright, alright. If you wish to die!"

The demon's tail extended itself from its main body towards Giyuu's stomach with great force. He dodged the attack as he flipped his body in the air, changing the grip of his sword. He breathed in deeply. 

First Form: Water Surface Slash

Coming down, he created a powerful concentrated attack that sliced off a portion of the snake woman's tail, but it regenerated in a matter of seconds. The demon extended the upper part of its body targeting Sanemi. Its tongue slithering and hidden fangs now showing. Sanemi reacted quickly as he leaped out of the way. The head swerved, lunging for Sanemi's neck. He ducted under the attack, in which he rotated his body in an uppercut movement to create an arcing slash. The demon was too fast, its head now extending towards the ceiling. 

The tail was continuously being cut by Giyuu to slow the demon down, though it did not do much. He thought he should inform Sanemi to focus on the upper part while he did on the lower. It was evident, but he wanted to make sure. 

"Shinzugawa! Focus on cutting the demon's neck. I'll work on the tail." 

"Isn't that fucking obvious!?" 

Giyuu nodded. He saw Sanemi dodging and attempting to slice through the demon. The demon's black hair grew thicker and longer, wrapping it around its neck to protect it from any incoming attacks. He needed to concentrate on himself rather than taking looks at Sanemi. He should have faith in him to complete the task. He was a Hashira anyways. 

The tail's momentum changed, now spinning sharply in a circular motion, quicker than before. He needed a form that could destroy the move in one blow. 

Eighth Form: Waterfall Basin

Giyuu leaps high in the air and powerfully cuts the tail vertically in a flowing downward motion. Parts of the tail become split up, flying through the air. Giyuu did not hesitate for it to regenerate as he continued to cut through the demon as much as possible, trying to get higher up to the upper body. The blow seemed to have lots of damage since the demon was now slowing down. 

Giyuu couldn't help but glimpse at Sanemi, trying to get a look at his progress. He hoped it wasn't too hard on him as he was still fresh out of unconsciousness. It looked like an easy job for Sanemi as he smiled through it, but Giyuu knew he was hiding the pain he was experiencing at the moment. 

A piece of long hair extended from the demon's neck, slowly and steadily reaching for Sanemi's back. Sanemi was too focused on his main goal. With no doubt, he forgot about his surroundings. 

"Shinazugawa! Behind you!"