PART 1

This was supposed to be the best night of your life. You finally got a pit ticket after fighting for days with the online retailer because you were not going to pay two paychecks worth to see your favorite band. But there you were. At the barricade, with the other members of the peaceful army, enjoying every minute. You stood on Sam's side, just staring at him. His burgundy pants and suit coat fit him perfectly. He knew how to dress himself. He had a way to make everything magical. He put so much passion into his music. All of the members of Greta Van Fleet did, really, but Sam had a different way.

During Jake's solo, you decided to check your phone. "We need to talk." A text from your boyfriend of four years.

Oh no. You text him back immediately. "About?"

You swayed back and forth to the guitar riff while waiting for the message back.

"I've been thinking for a while that we're not a good fit. And tonight..."

You could see the typing icon on the screen. Tears welled up in your eyes.

"I found someone. I'm not going to say I cheated on you, but the want to is there. So I'm breaking up with you so I don't hurt you even more."

You burst out in tears. A couple girls around you surround you in a hug as you show them the text.

Commotion surrounds you as you bury your face in your hands. You pace your elbows on the barricade as a hand opposite you strokes your back. "What's wrong?"

You look up. Shoulder length brown hair and warm brown eyes. Sam Kiszka. He had crawled down the stage when he saw you crying and come to comfort you.

You couldn't respond. You handed him your phone. He read the messages and took you into a hug. "Want to come back stage after the show?" He asked you, yelling over the commotion. "I can't let you have a bad experience."

You nodded. Sam wiped a tear from your face and smiled. "Enjoy the rest of the show." He said.

AFTER THE SHOW

After the boys ended the show with their last song, waves, blowing kisses, and throwing souvenirs-Sam hopped back down to you. It was much quieter than it was the first time he spoke to you.

"Did you have a good time?" He asked.

"Yeah. Other than..." you said.

"Well, we won't think about that. I'm Sam." He reached his hand to you for an introduction.

"I'm y/n." You replied, shaking his hand.

Sam turned your hand and kissed the back of it ever so gently.

"Would you like to come hang out, y/n?" He asked.

"Being that I have no home to go to now, I guess I could kill some time." You vented.

Sam grimaced. "We'll think of something."

Sam took your hand and you hoisted yourself over the barricade. He led you through the stage as you took in the scene. Instruments and flowers. Cords everywhere. You stepped carefully as not to trip and make a fool of yourself. Past a curtain and two doors, Sam opened a closed door that held the rest of the band.

Josh and Jake immediately stood and came to hug you. Danny was occupied making drinks, but after he was done, he came to hug you as well.

Sam sat down on a faux leather couch and you sat next to him. The other boys continued their conversations as Josh took off the gems from his face.

"We don't do much but drink after a show, but it's better than-" Sam trailed off.

"Thank you." You said. "I would probably be neck deep in depression right now if you hadn't stopped it."

"Can I be really honest?" Sam said, adjusting his position to cross one leg over the other and face you.

"I guess." You shrugged.

"You're super pretty. I can't imagine why that jerk did that." Sam said.

"I have fatal flaws, as all humans do. I'm too clingy. I get sad." You said.

"I don't see how that is necessarily bad. Showing love by wanting to be around someone is just a form of love language. As for being sad...you're human, as you said. There's no way for all of us to be happy one hundred percent of the time." Sam explained.

"Maybe the four years of it was too much for him." You shrug, a tear falling from your eye.

"Don't cry." Sam said.

"I'm not sad he left me, honestly. I could feel it coming. I'm angry. I'm confused. I'm scared. I have no home. I'll have to get a hotel tonight-"

"Stay with me. We're getting a hotel tonight because our next show is a week away. We can figure things out from there." Sam said, taking your hand.

Danny handed you and Sammy a drink. "Rum and coke. Not very strong. Didn't know how you like it." Danny said.

"Thank you." You said.