PART 7

You woke up to the sun shining through the curtain of the hotel room. The rain from the previous night had turned into snow. You rubbed your eyes, remembering the nights events. You felt a weight on your hip. You touched the weight. You gently rolled over. Sam was still sleeping. He had fallen asleep with his hair still in a bun, and had grabbed you in his sleep. It kept you warm, at least. You smiled. He looked angelic. His eyes fluttered open, he possibly felt your gaze on him.

"Good morning." He whispered.

"Morning." You said.

"Are you warm?" He asked.

"I am." You answered.

"You started shivering last night so I stole a blanket from Danny's room. The heats all the way up. Do you always stay cold?" He asked.

You looked at the blankets on top of you. You had a sheet, a comforter, and one more comforter on top of you.

"I'm not usually cold. Except when I'm in the rain or snow." You said.

"Did you have a bad dream?" He asked.

You thought for a second. You normally didn't remember your dreams, but when you thought about it, you could.

"Yeah." You said. "I did."

Sam scooted up and wrapped his arms around your shoulders around you. "I'm sorry."

You leaned your head on his. "I think I love you Sam."

"I think I love you, Y/n." He answered.

"What are we gonna do today?" You asked.

"Well, we could read, watch movies, I know at some point me and the guys are gonna have a jam sesh tonight but that's..." Sam looked at the clock "about twelve hours away."

"Your voice is so..." you trailed off.

"What?" He laughed.

"Calming. I could listen to you talk for hours." You said.

"That's the first time someone has ever said that to me." Sam said.

"Will you read me the book you picked out?" You asked.

"Yeah." Sam smiled.

He reached down to the side table and grabbed the book. You rested your head on his lap. He stroked your hair as he read the first chapter. Periodically, Sam would lift the book to see you. Your eyes closed, imagining the love scene. Your smile growing bigger and bigger. After a while, Sam stopped reading. You didn't pay it any attention, because his voice never stopped.

"One...two...three." He counted.

"What?" You asked.

"Freckles."

He touched each freckle after as he continued to count. "Thirty-eight...thirty-seven."

"That's not how numbers work." You laugh.

"Damnit. Lost count. Gotta start over." He said.

This time instead of poking the freckles, he kissed them.

"One...two...three..."each number with a kiss.

"I think I have one here." You said, pointing to your lips.

"I don't see it. Let me get a closer look." He said, leaning closer. "Now I see it."

He pulled you into a soft kiss. His kiss was softer than anything you'd ever experienced, yet somehow more powerful. Almost like cotton candy melting in water. His hands moved from your hips to right beside your ears, almost holding you in place, but not too firmly that you couldn't move.

Sam pulled away, staring straight ahead. "I love you."

You took a deep breath. "I love you too."

"Is this a love at first sight situation? Are we crazy?" He asked.

"I'm just as confused as you. I've never kissed someone after knowing them for less than 24 hours." You laughed.

"You have a lot more to lose than me." He said.

"I have absolutely nothing to lose." You said. "I already lost everything. For now, you're my everything." You sat up next to him.

"You're my everything." He said.