PART 16

The show went on without a hitch. You stood in the same place as usual, catching Sam's gaze. You played with your braid throughout the whole night. It was tied tighter than what you could have done yourself.

All of a sudden, you felt a tap on your shoulder. You looked beside you. Your gut wrenched. No. It couldn't be. You looked up at Sam, hoping he would catch your gaze and see your panic. You had no luck.

He grabbed your arm. "You're coming home."

"No!" You yelled.

The crowd was swaying along to "Age of Man".

"Come on. Don't make a scene." He said, tugging your arm.

You jerked your arm back. You glanced back up at Sam. He caught your gaze this time. He locked eyes with you. You could tell he wasn't sure what was happening. He walked to Josh, who followed him over. Josh watched what was happening, pretending to work the crowd.

"Stop being so fucking stubborn, y/n." He said, attempting to grab your arm again. "I followed you all the way here just to get you to come back home."

"No!" You shoved him. "I'm not going anywhere."

At that moment, Josh had pointed your situation out to security, who had come over the barricade. Josh jumped over as well to come get you.

"Oh so you're sleeping with this?" He gestured to Josh.

"I'm not, and who I'm sleeping with doesn't matter to you. You said we're over. That means we're over."

Josh put his hand on your shoulder and a group of girls helped you over the barricade as security escorted him out. Sam gave you a kiss on the cheek as you walked past. You smiled and mouthed "thank you."

You walked out to your room in the bus and waited for the show to be over. You turned of any tracking settings in your phone so this couldn't happen again. You changed into Sam's sweater and sweatpants and laid down. Your phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey."

"Hey Sammy."

"I'm sorry I didn't catch that sooner." He said.

"It's not your fault. You were into it." You laughed.

"I want to protect you." He said. "I know it sounds weird, but I want to make sure you're okay."

"I'm fine. You, Josh, security, and those girls got me out of there." You smiled.

"Make sure the bus door is locked."

You walked through the bus and made sure you locked it behind you.

"It is."

"Thank you. We have three more songs. Then I'll be back."

"I miss you."

"I miss you too, baby. I'll be home soon." He said.

"Home." You repeated.

"Is wherever you are." He said.