PART 18

At the bowling alley, you felt out of place. The boys were obviously tenured at bowling, and you had only been a few times as a fun outing with friends a couple years ago. Every time you would roll the ball, it would somehow manage to hit the gutter, even if it's trajectory seemed to be headed to the pins.

Sam's turn was after yours. He seemed to just have the magic touch. If he didn't strike, he managed to spare. Maybe it was because his arms were longer?

He sat back down next to you in the swiveling chair and took your hand into his. He picked at the hem of his red flannel. "You're not having fun." He said.

"I am. I'm just not good at this." You chuckled.

"Watch Danny. See how he's spinning the ball to the left, but curving his swing to the right? That's balancing out the inertia of the ball making it go straight." He said, pointing. "It takes practice. We do this often, so we've gotten used to it."

The ball Danny rolled hit the front pin on its side, causing a crashing of the other 9 pins. Danny did a celebratory dance as he walked back to his seat. Jake followed Danny's turn. Jake hit a spare. Josh rolled his ball with a beer in his non-dominant hand. His ball went straight into the gutter. "Bitches." He mumbled as the group laughed.

Your turn was next. You attempted to spin the ball like Sam had instructed you. 7 pins. It knocked down 7 pins! Sam ran up to you, picked you up, and kissed you. "I knew you could do it!"

"You taught me!" You said, holding his face.

"Now, knock down the other three." He laughed, setting you down.

"Ha!" You laughed.

You got your ball from the return. You rolled it slowly. Sam stayed beside you, but out of the 'danger zone'.  You watched Sam's eyes as his watched your ball travel down the lane. Your ball tapped one of the three pins, knocking it down. Sam hugged you. The rest of the boys joined in for a group hug.

"The last turn of the game is where I learn. Of course." You laugh.

After Sam bowled his turn, he took your hand and took you to the arcade conjoined to the bowling alley. He loaded a card at the little machine and handed it to you. You walked over to the small claw machine that held stuffed animals, then to the racing game. You sat down in it. Sam sat in the one next to you. "Race me?" He asked.

"You're on." You said, sliding the card.

You chose the race car you would drive. You looked at Sam out of the corner of your eye, who smirked when he caught you. 3,2,1, GO. Your foot hit the pretend gas and your hand hit the NOS, giving you an extra boost. You rounded the corner, leaving Sam's virtual car behind. You laughed as you crashed into a wall, watching Sam's car drive by. You caught up to him though, using one more NOS to pass him. "Don't let me win." You said.

"Wouldn't dream of it." He said, hitting his NOS, his car zooming by yours.

You saw your opportunity, a shortcut. You whipped through and came out at the finish line two seconds before Sam. You got out of the seat, dancing with joy. Sam placed his hands on your hips and kissed you.

"Can I be with you forever?" He asked.