PART 20

All the lights were off on the bus, which was weird to you. You remembered leaving on your bedroom light and at least one lamp in the living area. You walked back to your room, curious if Sam had turned them out on his way in. You opened the door. You took in the scene before you.

Rose petals sprinkled around the room, Sam sitting cross-legged on the center of the bed, holding a white frosted cupcake. The cupcake had a little candle in it. "Happy birthday baby." He smiled.

Your heart melted. "This was errands?" You asked.

"Yeah." He laughed. Sam struck a lighter and lit the candle on the cupcake. "Come make a wish."

"How did you even find out?" You asked, sitting across from him on the bed.

"I did some digging on social media the day we met." He smiled.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear, Y/n. Happy birthday to you." Sam sang to you softly.

You blew out the candle as a tear rolled down you face. Sam set the cupcake on the side table and took you into a hug, kissing your cheek. You heard the door shut.

"They recorded this didn't they?" You asked.

"Of course they did." Sam laughed. "Our first holiday together needs to be remembered." He said, taking your hands into his.

"I wouldn't call it a holiday." You scoffed.

"I certainly would. The day that you started to exist is the day that I started to have purpose." He smiled.

Your eyes started to release more tears than you expected. "Don't cry baby. Please."

"I'm not crying because I'm sad. I'm honestly really happy." You protested. "I feel so fucking special."

"Because you are." Sam affirmed.

"Thank you for a wonderful day." You said.

"It's not over yet." He said.

You sniffled. Sam reached on the other side of the bed and pulled a small box up. "I know I've already gotten you a necklace, but this was personal."

He opened the box. A golden anklet. "Sammy." You gasped.

"That's what it says." He laughed.

"It's. Amazing." You said.

"I wanted you to be able to walk with me everywhere. Every step you go." He said.

You took him into a tight hug. "I love you. You're so romantic and thoughtful."

"My brothers and Danny also have gifts for you." He admitted.

"No." You protested.

Josh opened the door. "Oh yes we do!" Josh yelled.

Josh and Jake flipped down on the floor beside you, and Danny on the bed beside Sam.

"Mine first." Jake said.

He handed you a long present wrapped in Kraft paper. You opened it up to see the moon chart of the day you and Sam met. "Jake. This is beautiful. Thank you."

"You're welcome." He smiled.

"Me next." Danny insisted, handing you a bag.

The bag was filled with candy, and at the bottom was a small box, and in the small box was a coin, and etched with symbols. One your star sign, one Sam's.

"Danny. This is wonderful. Thank you."  You hugged him.

"I'm glad you like it."

"Last but not least, the greatest. Me." Josh said, handing you a box wrapped in Kraft. After unwrapping the Kraft, you see it's zip tied multiple times. "Ha-ha." You laugh.

"Oh, you might need this." He said, handing you a set of scissors.

You cut them open and inside was a jar. Of nothing.

"You're welcome." He said.

"I don't get it."

"Exactly." He laughed.

You busted out laughing. "It's just like your brain. Empty." 

"I'm just kidding. Here you go." He said, handing you a photo album.

You looked through the album. In the photos were pictures of you and Sam from the past few weeks.

"When-"

"Yesterday." Josh interrupted.

You started crying. "I love you guys."

You leaned onto Sam's chest, feeling at home. "I'm finally at home."