PART 19

A few more days passed, shows and venues. You felt the day ahead growing closer. You put your phone on do not disturb because you knew you would be bombarded with calls the next day. You didn't want Sam to know it was going to be your birthday. After all he's done for you, you knew he'd make a big show of it. You plugged up your phone and laid it on the small bedside table next to the bed and cuddled up to Sam. "No show tomorrow." He said.

"Oh really?" You asked.

"Yeah. We were going to go hiking but I'm not in the mood." He said.

"Honestly, me neither." You laughed.

"Well, we have to do something." Sam said.

You gulped. How would he have found out.

"We can't just sit in the bus all day. How about we just go on a date?" He asked.

"That sounds nice." You said. "What's the occasion?"

"Nothing. Just want to take my girl on a date." Sam smiled, kissing your nose.

You snuggled in close to Sam, closing your eyes.

When you woke up the next morning, Sam was already awake, getting dressed. He chose a blue flannel  and a light wash pare of jeans.  

"Date this early?" You asked.

"Nah, I've got a few errands to run. Do you want to come with me?" He asked, "I've got to go to the bank, buy some strings, just boring stuff."

"Do you care if I just sleep in?" You asked.

"Not at all. You probably need some rest. You're not used to this lifestyle yet." He says, sitting on the bed next to you.

He kissed your cheek. "I'll text you."

He stood up and left the room. You curled up with his pillow, it still smelled like him. You fell back asleep. When you woke up, you changed into a pair of jeans and a warm sweater. You headed into the living area, where the rest if the boys sat. They acknowledged your presence with waves, grunts, and one "hey".

You sat next to Jake, checking your phone. Sammy had send you a few texts, showing you some things he'd picked up for you.

"You spoil me." You texted back.

"You deserve it." He responded.

"Josh,what in the fuck are you doing?" You asked as you noticed the older of the twins.

He was hanging upside down from the roof, holding himself from a metal pole by his feet. His face, noticeably red from the blood rushing to his skull. "Yoga" he grunted.

Danny helped him down as you watched in awe. "Let's go eat." Jake said.

The two boys got Josh on the floor and headed out of the bus.

"You coming?" Jake asked.

"Oh." You said, hopping up and following.

They took you to a little hole in the wall diner where you munched on some fries. Your appetite was t really there. You missed Sam. Something didn't feel right about eating without him. You joined in on the conversation the twins and Danny had, but you'd check your phone to see no texts from Sam.

"How are you?" You texted.

"I'm almost done. See you in 30?" He replied.

Your face lit up. You spend less than five hours away from him, yet if felt like centuries. Danny handed the server his card and you basically ran back to the bus.