PROLOGUE

August 14th 2005

It was junipers first day of first grade, she was the new oddball. Why would anyone want to be friends with her? She was from a different country and sounded different than anyone else.

So her solution was she didn't talk. This worked up until the second day of school.

All because of a stupid boy.

She had to ride the school bus for the first time ever. She couldn't be picked up from school, her dad was in the military and her mom was a doctor.

It was completely different from the UK. When she lived in Nottingham she would walk to and from school everyday.

After the first day her mom had to tell her that she wouldn't be able to pick her up from school everyday and most days she would have to ride the bus. Juniper didn't like the idea at first. Then she met the stupid boy.

The 6 year old juniper nervously, walked up the steps of the bus after walking out of school. She looked up at the bus driver, she was probably middle aged she wore glasses and a sign that read out 'Mrs. Donna.'

"Im Mrs.Donna are you Juniper?" She asked her, juniper nodded her head with out a word, "okay sweetie you are gonna sit in seat seven."

Juniper found her way to her seat and sat her backpack down, next to her and looked out of the window, Mrs.Donna could be heard saying, "hello clayton"

"Hi Mrs.Donna." the boy said as he trudged though the alie way, he stoped looked at juniper and sat down in the seat next to her.

Juniper continued to look out the window as he gave her a weird look from the other seat. He had never seen the girl before. The seat next to him had always been empty. Mrs.Donna told him it was because he was to much trouble, so why all of a sudden why was there a girl siting in the seat?

The bus started and junipers attention was caught. She looked over at the boy in the other seat, he had blonde hair, a buzzcut, and blue eyes. He looked like he would bully juniper.

"What's your name?" He asked, she looked over at him with borrowed eye brows, she was confused on if he was talking to her or not. She pointed at herself, and he shook his head. She gulped down her fear. For the first time in three months, the time that she had lived in the USA, she would have to talk in public for the first time.

"Um," she said underneath her breath trying to figure out if she wanted to tell him her real name or tell him her nick name "my name is is junie."

"woah! Your voice is so cool i wanna sound like that. How do sound like that?" He asked her, she shrugged with out a word, "im clay. Also do you want to be my friend?"

"Sure." She told him with a smile

October 15TH 2009

Thank god that juniper and clays school was k- 8th because then they would have been going to different schools. Juniper was in the 5th grade and clay was in the 6th grade. They still road the bus from school together everyday. Just now everybody knew she was from. Brittain. Though in the last four years she had somewhat lost her accent. She still had it of course but she would say certain words she would sound American.

Clay knew by 4th grade that he liked Juniper. He had still yet to know her full name even though he had begged her lots of times to tell him. So he told her that he wouldn't tell her where he lived if she didn't tell him her full name, so she played along with it.