Chapter 10 - Cavalry Battle

"Hey, someone's trapped under that robot! Do you think we should help him?"

"Are people seriously gonna die here?!"

The robot's body began to crack as Kirishima bursts out of it, "I'M ALIVE!"

"Kirishima from Class One-A! What a debut for this rookie!" Present Mic cheered. Kirishima exhaled deeply, staring at his hands. "Todoroki. Can't believe you'd pull something like that. Jeez, anyone but me would've been killed."

Next to him, the robot began cracking once again. "CLASS ONE-A IS REALLY FULL OF JERKS!" TetsuTetsu roared, breaking out as well. "I'LL SMASH THAT ICE GUY WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON HIM!"

"Whoo! TetsuTestu from Class One-B was also stuck underneath! What are the odds!" TetsuTetsu shrugged, "Y'know, anyone other than me would've been killed." The two were now running ahead, leaving the other contestants behind.

"Our Quirks are the same!" Kirishima whined, "Now how am I gonna stand out?"

"You copycat!" TetsuTetsu jeered.

-~-

Shinra lowered his gaze to the next challenge, seeing the tremendous drop from the tightropes. After the tightropes, he looked over to the opposite barrier. "Oh, this should be simple enough." His feet started to cook the ground, flames lifting him into the air. "I'll just fly over."

"Shinra Kusakabe still leading the pack!" Present Mic announced, "Easily moving over the tightropes!"

Shinra made it to the next obstacle, Todoroki, Arthur, Bakugo, and Tamaki behind him. "Get back here IcyHot!" Bakugo yelled. "I don't believe you'll win this race, Kusakabe." Todoroki claimed, "This one is mine."

The five contestants in the lead stopped. seeing thousands of mine holes in the mine-field.'They're people who've made it to the final obstacle?' Midoriya thought, 'I'm still stuck back here, so I might wanna get a move-on.'

Shinra blasted into the air as Todoroki safely maneuvered around the mines. It wasn't long until Bakugo caught up to the black-haired teen. "Haha, it's over! HAAA!" He flew by Todoroki, now charging at Shinra.

Arthur ran forward, unintentionally stepping on a mine. He was launched into the air, gaining stability as he fell back down. "God save me." He lands on the ground, continuing to run as if nothing just happened.

"Move it, Devil!" Bakugo roared, pushing Shinra away. Shinra grabbed onto Bakugo's hand, "Stop that blondie!" The two continued to argue and fight. The only thing able to catch their attention being a large pink explosion that occurred at the back of the mine-field. From the smoke was Midoriya, soaring at them with super sonic speed.

"Class One-A's Izuku Midoriya is now in hot pursuit of First place!" Present Mic exclaimed as Midoriya flew over Shinra and Bakugo, "Scratch that! It's his!"

"Midoriya?!" Shinra charged forward, quickly pushing Bakugo away as he did so.

'Crap! How'd I get so careless?!' Shinra questioned himself internally, 'I'm such an idiot!' Bakugo shot into the air, Todoroki freezing an ice path to catch up. "DEKU, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, HUH?!" Bakugo screamed at the greenette.