Chapter 12 - Shinra vs Arthur

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋 matches were winding down, and it was now time for Shinra Kusakabe to face Arthur Boyle.

"These two students are from Class One-A! Here's a man who isn't a stranger to silver and gold ! Shinra Kusakabe!" Shinra stepped into the ring when his name was called to applause from the crowd.

"And here comes the honorable swordsman! Arthur Boyle!"

From across the field, Arthur's blue eyes locked on Shinra, both of them ready to battle. "We're ending this here, Devil." Arthur said.

Present Mic rose his hands into the air, "Begin!"

"Let's go, Excalibur."

Excalibur formed in Arthur's hand as he rushed the teen. "You're lucky I had to limit Excalibur's power! If not, I would slice through you like butter!" Excalibur swung at Shinra, but the black haired boy ducked under the plasma sword.

Shinra kicked the blond away. 'Honestly. I'm not sure how Arthur placed tenth in the Quirk Assessment Test. He is too good to be placed low. Was he suppressing Excalibur's power then?'

"Pay attention." Arthur made the teen snap back to reality, "Getting lost in thought isn't something you should be doing right now." Arthur charged him again, slamming into Shinra's body.

Shinra staggered, allowing Arthur to land a solid punch in the face. "Right now statistically, I'm better than you Shinra. Despite the results of our Quirk Test. My skill, strength, stamina. It out measures yours."

"Arthur seems to have the upper-edge right now." Iida analyzed. Uraraka and Midoriya agreed with his statement. "How?" Mina asked, "Didn't he score lower on the Quirk Assessment Test?"

Midoriya shook his head, "No. That's not it. Arthur's Quirk is to summon Excalibur upon calling its name. He didn't get enhanced physical ability. That means he's trained harder and longer than most of us here."

"He had to out-work us."

Shinra flew at the blond, flames bursting from his feet. "Too slow." Arthur mumbled, ducking the teen's kick. Arthur's fist crashes into Shinra's chin.

"Arthur is really taking it to Shinra right now!" Present Mic cheered, "Whatcha think Mummy Man?"

"Since Arthur's Quirk doesn't give him any other physical ability, he's trained hard for his combat skills. That means he must have more experience." Aizawa said.

Shinra swung his leg again at Arthur. Arthur's expression was emotionless as he raised his hand to deflect it. "Shinra..." Arthur kicks the boy away from him. "...when you fought that Nomu. I knew you'd be a formidable opponent. So stop screwing around."

"Arthur says some words of encouragement?" Present Mic spoke into the intercom.

'He's too good to attack head on.' Shinra thinks, 'I need to impair his vision somehow.' Shinra looks down at the arena tiles while stomping on them and activating his Quirk. Dust rose into the air as Shinra continued to release smoke into the air.

"Nice try."

Arthur fearlessly ran into the dust, pinpointing exactly where Shinra was in an instant. The dust began to settle. "My Quirk doesn't give me any physical advantage against you. You have fire in your feet for crying out loud. Everyone would expect you to win."