Chapter 19

Orochimaru scowled. Of course he had to jump into the first body he saw. And of course the first person he saw was a kid. Orochimaru sneered. His body felt so small, so weak.

The man hummed. Perhaps that was appropriate. His old student certainly hadn't held back when he killed him. WIth a sigh, the man spun a leaf in his hands. Well, there wasn't much he could do until he regained his strength.

An annoyed hiss echoed in his brain. Orochimaru frowned. "Mitsu?" The hiss grew louder and more prominent. Orochimaru scowled. "Dammit. Aren't you with Mitsuki?" The hissing stopped.

Orochimaru's face paled. "You can't connect to him? Shit. Where is he?" The snake remained silent in his brain. Orochimaru grit his teeth. "Where are you?" Hissss-

"Trapped in a seal? How- Nevermind. Stay put." Fliss- Where would I go? "Don't be a smartass."

Orochimaru scowled, quietly entering the complex. "Where are you?" The snake remained silent, as if hesitating. Orochimaru rolled his eyes. "Now, Mitsu." Hisss-

Orochimaru narrowed his eyes. "How did you get in there?" Hiss- "You expect me to believe you just happened to be wandering in a secret tunnel and accidentally set off a seal?" Mitsu didn't say anything.

"Fine. Keep your secrets. As long as you're loyal to Mitsuki." Of course.

Orochimaru entered the gray room, frowning at the ground. He stomped his foot a few times, humming when he found a hollow spot. The long haired male- er child- pried open the floor board.

A quick summoning jutsu led the seal right to him. A couple of hand signs later, Mitsu was slithering on the ground in annoyance. Orochimaru scoffed. "Don't give me that look. It was the closest body I could find."

The snake let out a hiss in laughter, making Orochimaru roll his eyes. "Annoying." Thump-

Orochimaru glared at the door. "Mitsu." The snake disappeared into the shadows without a word. Orochimaru followed, muttering a jutsu.

The door burst open, a raven haired boy bursting in. Orochimaru grit his teeth. It was that damned brat that kept ruining everything. He watched silently as the boy pried open the floorboards, reaching inside.

Boruto cursed. "I'm sure I forgot it here." Mitsu hissed inside Orochimaru's head. Yes, yes. Orochimaru thought back to him. I know. He's looking for you. Just stay put. He'll leave soon.

Sure enough, Boruto left, muttering under his breath.

Orochimaru exhaled. "Mitsu. Go to Mitsuki. Make sure he's safe." The snake hissed in approval, before it went silent in Orochimaru's head.

~*~

"Did you find what you were looking for?" Boruto shook his head. "No." Sarada rolled her eyes. "Only you would lose something important and not even be able to find it." Boruto laughed. "I think the original owner might have come back for it."

Sarada nodded. "Come on, Dad found a trail." She took off into the trees, Boruto following at her heels.

The twins approached the group of people huddled together. Naruto scowled. "I'm going to kill them." Sasuke hummed.

Boruto tilted his head to the side. "What's wrong?" Sasuke silently held the canteen up. "It's Sakura's. She left it here on purpose."

"She's telling us to follow her. She's in trouble, we have to go." Naruto scowled. Sasuke shook his head. "Or, she's telling us she's ok, and that we should continue on the search for Kiba." Naruto shook his head.