Chapter 22

Mitsuki bit his lip in worry. "Boruto, are you sure- '' Boruto interrupted him with a laugh. "Don't worry about a thing Mitsuki!" The raven dragged him through the village gates. Sakura and Naruto watched them as Boruto excitedly took him through the village.

Sakura bit her lip. "Are you sure this is safe? Mitsuki changed his mind so suddenly I wonder if something's up." Naruto just shook his head knowingly. "He's safe. And even if he wasn't, I don't believe he would hurt Boruto."

The woman looked up at him with an arched eyebrow. "Do you know something I don't?" Naruto laughed. "Maybe, maybe not." Sakura shook her head, sighing at her friend. "I'm going to go check on Hinata and Himawari."

Naruto grinned at her, watching her back fade away. The further she got, the more his smile dropped. The man narrowed his eyes ever so slightly. "Kurama. We need to talk."

"What."

"Boruto said it was you who gave him the potion. And it was you who sent him back in time."

"I am aware."

"You aren't hiding anything from me are you?"

Snort. "I know better."

Naruto grit his teeth. "Then how come you don't have any recollection of it?"

"..."

"I'll give you the same answer I gave when Boruto first told you that."

"Even in this other so-called world, where Boruto claims everything was so much worse than now, I would never go behind your back to make a decision like that."

Naruto grimaced. "He's real, Kurama. I can feel it. He really is Boruto. Both my son and my friend from back then."

"..."

"According to whoever was pretending to be the 'Kurama' that talked to Boruto in his time, they would still remember the events of the 'past life'."

Naruto hummed. "I think... we're going to have to be a lot more careful from now on."

"Naruto. Be careful. Anyone who has the power to alter the flow of time is no easy opponent."

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

"Hm."

"Better update the Uchiha brat now that you know it isn't Boruto who's lying."

"Yea." Naruto narrowed his eyes, sending out a flare of chakra he knew only Sasuke could detect. Not one to disappoint, Sasuke landed in front of him less than a minute later.

He raised a cocky eyebrow. "You called?"

~*~

"- and this is the Hyuuga clan! They changed a lot, mostly because Tou-san called Dad a- to quote, 'fucking hypocrite'. Dad got pissed before he realized Tou-san was right and immediately talked to Hinata about making some changes."

Mitsuki nodded along, smiling softly. "I remember when Sarada and I went here with you. You seemed so excited to show us around."

Boruto furrowed his brow. "Eh? What are you talking about? Sarada, you and I have never been here together before." Mitsuki frowned and shook his head. "No, I clearly remember Sarada, you, and I visiting a house very similar to this one."

Boruto frowned, thinking for a moment. "Oh!" He snapped his fingers in realization. "Of course! You're thinking of the mansion I showed you guys when we went on that mission to the Land of Mist!" He laughed. "I thought that was the Hyuuga mansion at first too!"