Chapter 33

Sakura led the woman out of the dungeon. She sighed. "Alright, you're out now. I know you probably want to run, but I promise you, it's worth it not to." She turned around to face the woman, who smiled at her sweetly.

"I-oh. Um, so if you'll keep following me..." Sakura stammered, and the woman stepped closer, eyes blinking innocently at Sakura. "Yes?"

Sakura shook her head. Work comes first. The village comes first. She cant get distracted now. "Sorry, I-"

The red-haired woman cut her off with a kiss. Her hand rose to curl around Sakura's head, who stood stunned. When she pulled away with a wry grin, Sakura nearly tried to follow. The woman giggled.

"You know, I had a feeling that blush when you were healing me, wasn't just because you were embarrassed."

Sakura blinked. Before she could say anything, the woman pulled her in for another kiss, arms wrapping around her shoulders. This time Sakura kissed back, arms hesitantly curling around the shorter woman's waist.

The woman pulled back just the slightest. "No hard feelings hm?" Sakura's mind was still fuzzy when she registered a prick in the side of her neck. When she reached up to feel at it, the cool plastic of a syringe met her fingers.

Oh...shit. Then everything went black.

Sakura tumbled into Davina's arms, slumping over. The woman huffed, placing her gently on the ground. "I'm sorry, but I have a daughter to protect. You understand right?" She hummed, running her fingers through Sakura's hair.

"It's too bad... you are quite attractive." Davina felt a pain of guilt for doing this to the woman. After all, she had trusted her, even going as far as healing her legs. Sakura... she was truly kindhearted with a fierce protected streak.

She sighed to herself. She respected the woman too much to take her to Orochimaru. Yet that was exactly what she was doing.

But did she regret it? No. It was worth it. It was all worth it to protect her.

~*~

Mitsuki awkwardly sat at the Uchiha-Uzumaki dinner table. The family was having dinner, and somehow Fuyoku and his family had been dragged into it.

Huan scowled at Mitsuki when she saw that he wasn't eating. "Mitsuki! You're a growing boy! You must eat! Do you not like the food? I can make you something good!" She turned to Sasuke. "May I use your kitchen?"

Sasuke blinked. "Sure, but there aren't many ingredients in there. Naruto doesn't know how to cook so we usually eat out." Huan gasped in horror. "Oh my! That's terrible! So you didn't make this delightful dinner?"

Naruto subtly looked at her as if she was crazy. "This is fast food." Huan looked taken aback. "But there's so much grease in fast food! It's not healthy at all! Why would you subject yourself to this?"

Boruto shrugged. "Dad can't cook, Tou-san cant cook, I can't cook, Sarada can't cook... we're pretty much out of options."

Huan furrowed her brow, almost pouting. Snapping her fingers, a wave of chakra settled over the table. Before anyone realized what she was doing, all the food had turned into logs of wood.

Naruto bit into one, crying out and spitting the wood out of his mouth. "What?!" Foyoku looked taken aback. "I am so sorry. Huan, you can't just do that! The food likely cost quite a bit of money."

Naruto opened his mouth to say it was fine, but Huan beat him to the punch. She had already stood up, clutching her purse in her hands. "That's fine, I'll pay them back with the groceries I'm going to buy for them, and then the healthy meal I'm going to cook when I get back."

She huffed and slammed the door behind her.

Fuyoku sighed. "I'm sorry for her. She may seem like much sometimes, but she just wants the best for everyone. Especially Mitsuki and Akio. It's only been a little while, but she sees them as her own children."

Mitsuki bit his lip, the words giving him a warm feeling in his stomach. Family...

Sasuke smiled. "It's no problem. You can tell she cares."

"Yea." Foyoku smiled at the table, eyes softening with fondness. "It's one of the things I love about her."

Naruto hummed. "How did you two meet?"

Foyoku opened his mouth to reply, his voice fading out in the background.

Now that there was no food to distract her, Akio was feeling squeamish, and Mitsuki noticed. He frowned in worry. "Akio... everything ok?" He whispered. She shook her head, whispering back, "I have a strange feeling."

Mitsuki frowned again. "What kind of feeling?" She shrugged. "I don't know, but it's bad. It's like... food poisoning."

Mitsuki blinked. "Oh." He sat silent for a while, pondering what to do. "Do you want to go for a walk?"

Akio nodded, jumping out of her chair. "Let's go." Mitsuki stood up, excusing them from the table. Before he could leave, he felt a sharp tug on his shirt.

Boruto frowned at him. "Where are you two going?"

"Akio doesn't feel well," Mitsuki whispered. "I'm taking her for a walk."

Boruto stood up as well. "I'll come too." Sarada, having overheard the conversation, stood up as well, placing her napkin on the table. "So will I. Let's let the adults talk."

The group left the house, Akio skipping along the streets of Konoha. Mitsuki smiled at her enthusiasm. He called out, "You feeling better?" Akio nodded back, going off to wander on her own.

Sarada hummed, walking up to Mitsuki's side. "Hey." Mitsuki startled, head swiveling to face her. "Ah, Sarada."

Sarada sighed, rubbing the back of her head with her hand. "Mmm, this is hard to say." She took a deep breath. "I'm sorry."

Mitsuki looked warily at her. She rolled her eyes. "It's not the end of the world. I'm sorry. I realized I may have jumped to conclusions and acted cold towards you. I was just bitter about... a lot of things. But none of it was your fault."

Mitsuki nodded awkwardly. "Alright." She hummed awkwardly. "So... can we start over?" Mitsuki nodded.

"Great!" Sarada chirped. She stopped walking, extending her hand towards Mitsuki. "Im Sarada Uchiha-Uzumaki." Mitsuki stopped alongside her. He took her hand somewhat hesitantly. "Just Mitsuki."

Boruto smiled at them. It was nice to see two of his precious people getting along. He opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by a high-pitched scream.

"EEK!"

Mitsuki and Boruto turned to face each other. That was Akio. Oh no. They both bolted at the same time, racing in the direction it came from.