Of dark eyes and white masks

There was a heavy pounding in your head as soon as you gained consciousness. The pain was especially intense between your eyes and you could feel your blood rush to your ears. You groaned and tried to reach up with your hand to soothe the ache but you found you couldn't move your arm from the elbow down. Huh?

"Don't move." Xiao? He sounded really close. You tried to open your eyes but was met with complete and utter darkness. Where were you? Why couldn't you move your arm?

"Ugh... where are we?" You asked Xiao, head still hurting and looked around in the dark as if you could see anything.

"The boulders fell on us. We're trapped under hundreds of them. So don't move." His voice sounded strained and out of breath. You could move your left arm so you ignited a tiny flame in your palm and held it as far from you as you could in case you caught your or Xiao's clothes on fire.

The moment it lit up, it covered the tiny space in light and you had to close your eyes again as the pain in your head increased. You lowered the power of the flame to a comfortable flare.

You slowly opened your eyes again and breathed in sharply. Xiao was right above you, his hands on either side of you. It would've made your cheeks redden in embarrassment due to how close he was if it wasn't for the blood running down his arm and face.

"Oh my Archons, are you okay?" You wanted to reach up with the hand that wasn't holding the tiny flame but you realised the reason why you couldn't move it was because it was stuck under a giant boulder. It wasn't broken, your celestial body wasn't that fragile. If you wanted you could definitely move the boulder with ease but you became aware of the predicament you were in. If you moved even an inch the small space you and Xiao were trapped in would cave in on itself. At least you were still holding onto the silver sigil you took out from the monster.

You looked back at Xiao just to see him close his eyes and breathe in and out slowly, concentrating on something. You slowly lit up the flame a little stronger and gasped in horror.

The reason Xiao was bleeding and in pain was because he was holding off a giant piece of rock on his back. You could now notice his arms trembling in exertion. You didn't even want to think about how many more boulders were stacked on top of this one.

"Xiao! Xiao, are you okay? What do I do to help?" You were panicking, you could only use one arm, Xiao was in pain and it seemed like he was at his limits. Soon the mass of rocks would fall on the both of you and crush you into human pancakes.

Neither of you would die but it didn't mean you couldn't feel the pain or what it was like to feel death. You didn't want Xiao to experience that. Not if you could help it.

"Don't worry about it. Rex Lapis will find us. A couple of rocks and pebbles wouldn't be able to keep him down." He had the audacity to chuckle ever so slightly when you were losing your mind right under him.

"You're in pain! And you won't be able to hold it all back forever! I-I am going to find a way to get us out of here." The tight space you found yourself in wasn't helping either. You felt as if the walls were closing in on you as if the air was quickly running out. Your breathing was becoming quicker and harsher.

"Don't underestimate me. I could stay here for an eternity and not let these stones fall on you," he said, those amber eyes staring at you with so much conviction that a part of you believed that he could actually stand there and hold half a cave of stones from falling on you.

You looked back at your trapped arm. If you only had your hand free you'd be able to use your geo powers to push back all the stones... but that still wouldn't work, you thought. You didn't know exactly the quantity of piled stone above you. Xiao was straining and he was a yaksha which meant it can't be just one measly boulder.