Ashes II

"It is your objective to eliminate her as quickly as possible. Any means necessary," the God spoke, her sharp, black nails tracing circles on the arm of her throne.

The green-haired boy kneeled on one knee, head bowed in faux respect with his bloody spear in hand. His amber eyes held no spark as he accepted his next mission, yet another soul to steal and another sin to repent for.

At the corner of his eye, he saw the masked man step forward from the shadows of the big throne. One could never see his true emotions for the mask adorned that terrifyingly wide smile and its eyes were circles, the blackest of black.

"No," he said, voice deep and malicious. He stepped in front of the bloody boy, grabbing his face in his hand harshly, making him look up into those terrifyingly dark eyes, "I want you to make her suffer."

The god behind him cackled wildly, laugh high pitched. "Yes! Yes! Now that's what I like to hear." Her laugh calmed down and turned into an evil smirk, "and I have the perfect plan to do that!"

She stepped down from her throne, black dress flowing around her as her heels clicked with every step she took until she stood next to the white-masked man with barely subdued giggles. "And you will be the main star of it all, Alatus"

---

He didn't know that the way a divine body of a god burning would smell different than a mortal one. When the flames licked your skin it barely left a smell, but the prominent one of the charred bodies left his nose stinging.

You stepped through the fire, barely phased by it, eyes locked on his golden ones. He could see the terror and fear in them, but to his surprise, it wasn't directed at him. It was caused by the scene surrounding him. The burning houses and gardens, littered with the burned bodies of mortals.

The fire blazed around you wildly, surrounding you like a flower, making your white hair wave around from the protrusive heat. Yet in the middle of the beautiful picture you painted, you walked with your face contorted in agony, legs stiff and weak as they barely carried you to him.

Target spotted

He was ready to summon his spear back again when you staggered forward, catching yourself on his arms as your legs gave out from under you.

"Are you okay? You're hurt." Your voice trembled and your eyes were glassy and unfocused, yet you anxiously looked over his body for injuries. You grabbed his hands bringing them up for you to examine, they were burnt but not too severely. Confusion swept across his face. What were you doing?

"We can't stay here, we have to leave," you said, voice laced with panic. You weren't looking at him, instead, you looked for any way out from the fire fully surrounding you.

Your legs were still trembling while you dragged him away from the roaring fire. He stayed silent, he couldn't understand exactly what was going on through your head. Why were you concerned about him or his well being?

He allowed himself to be dragged away from the scene and watched you use your hydro powers to calm down some of the angry fires and pass through them. Were you going to fight now? You were a Celestial God so a bit of fire shouldn't stop you from fighting him, wasn't that right? He wasn't going to lose this one chance of redemption, of a chance to finally rest. He was strong, stronger than most gods and he prayed to everyone and no one that he wasn't stronger than you.

He watched the back of your head as you hurriedly strutted into the nearby forest and away from the bodies. His patience running thin, he pulled you back harshly by the hand that was still clinging onto his. He was ready to throw the first punch if need be but stopped in his tracks the moment he was met with your tear-streaked face.