The knife grazed my skin like the moonlight did yours

"I will kill you for this."

"Try me, yaksha."

"At least let her heal before you do anything, she's in pain."

"Does a God like that even need healing, she's a freak of nature."

Everything was black. All you could hear was muffled voices, one was close and the other so far away yet they both sounded in your ears as if your head was underwater.

You groaned as consciousness finally returned to your body. It first started with the ringing in your ears, spreading to your head, causing it to pound furiously in constant spouts of pain. It then spread down your neck and chest. It burned. Your chest burned so bad.

From where he was standing, the adeptus could see your eyebrows crease in pain, whimpering quietly as your fingers flexed and unflexed themselves. His own fist curled in anger at his own powerlessness.

The next sensation that returned to you was the familiar pain of the elemental reactions mixing on the surface of your skin. Pyro, electro and cryo was such a painful sensation, you felt goosebumps rise on your skin from the sheer agony of it.

It felt like your body was submerged in burning hot lava, the skin melting off your bones. It felt like electricity of the highest of voltage was running through your very nerves, every single one. And through the scorching pain of it all, it also felt cold. So cold it burned and you couldn't differentiate it from the pyro.

You didn't even wanna think about what state your body was in. Were your hands covered in blisters or blood? Or perhaps cracked from the ice and electro? Were your lips blue or were your cheeks burning hot red?

Your ears twitched at a sudden sound. Was someone calling your name? The voice sounded like Xiao yet the hands holding you were big and rough. Cold. They were so cold, so unlike the warmth the adeptus gave off. Was he here? Why did he sound so far away then?

"Ojou-chan, it's time to wake up." Childe? Why did Chile sound right above you?

You tried peeling your eyes open with draconic strength. You just wanted to close them and sink back into unconsciousness rather than live through this agony. Couldn't you just take another 1000 year old nap? You groaned at your delusional thoughts and finally opened your eyes.

You were laying on someone's thighs and you guessed they were Childe's seeing as his head was right above you, staring at you with empty, icy blue eyes.

"Took you long enough." His tone was humourless and monotone and your weakened body shivered. You looked to the side and just mere meters away stood Xiao with Zhongli at his side. The yaksha's eyes were focused on you, shining with worry and mouth open as if to say something but couldn't get the words out.

Xiao. Your body begged for him. Why was he so far away and why did this cold version of Childe hold you? You outstretched a weak arm towards Xiao, it trembled in its effort to hold itself up. You wanted to open your mouth to call out his name but your throat was dry and even breathing through it hurt, it felt like millions of tiny blades were accompanying your every breath on its way out.

He too outstretched his arm towards you, ready to run to you but the second he took a step forward a cold blade was pressed to your throat and a voice equally as cold, called out, "Did you not hear me the first time? Don't. Move."

You wanted to ask what's going on so badly but your throat felt like it was glued shut. You looked around, it seemed like night had just fallen, a crescent moon high in the sky. It's already been three days since you left and you were nowhere near the frozen tree. You berated yourself mentally for that.