Rain thunder and bury in fire

Xiao's head on your thighs was a pleasant weight. His hair tickled the surface of them, and the side of his face warmed whatever skin it touched. The moon was high in the sky and illuminated his features. He looked ethereal.

Your fingers brushed through his dark hair while you hummed a song long forgotten by the world. His eyes were closed and soft breaths were leaving his barely open lips.

After you'd ended your conversation about Zhongli, you'd talked about anything and everything and that's when you'd found out the yaksha hadn't slept a wink through your whole stay in Qingce village.

"I was keeping guard outside the village perimeter," is what he said in defense to which you'd flicked him on the forehead, the same way he'd do to you. You walked back to a tree, far off of the cliff edge and had forced him, albeit he didn't really protest, to lay his head on your thighs and rest.

And that's how you found yourself in your current position.

It was the most serene you'd felt in a long while. For once the turmoil in your head calmed down and allowed you to breathe easily without the constant headaches stabbing you in the back of the head. You didn't really understand why the man who had seemed so unapproachable at first but also had protected you and been there for you held such power over your being. You didn't mind it one bit. You'd look for these answers once you had Yin back safely.

You missed her so much, you felt your phantom heart throb at the thought of her. You remembered when you'd woken up after your 1000 year old sleep, you didn't even know if she was still alive for centuries afterwards. You'd wandered, lost and confused, learning about the new world. Many people had already forgotten about the Moon God and what it stood for and you hadn't had the ability to even return to Celestia.

And even then, your own ego and pride didn't allow you to break down and pray to someone else. Not after what had happened on the night you lost your heart. You'd finally given up when after so many millennia you went to Liyue, the closest you'd ever been to finding Yin. You weren't going to let your pride and anger deter you from finding her.

You never expected to find yourself in the company of your old teacher and a yaksha who'd brought so much confusion into your life. You were even thankful for the two-faced harbinger who most days than not was the mood maker of your small group.

You will miss all of them dearly.

Your plan was to use that sigil you'd gotten from the geovishap and induce it into some mages, hoping to keep Childe, Xiao and Zhongli at bay and busy with fighting until you sneaked away. It wasn't a perfect plan but it should give you the time you needed.

You knew your powers as they were now were not enough to win against the masked man, but you weren't going to fight him with the goal of winning anyway. The target was Yin. Finding her and setting her free. You didn't dare think how long she must've stayed in his grasp.

"I haven't heard that song in three thousand years," You heard Xiao mumble, voice laced with sleep. You looked at him; his eyes were still closed and he seemed to be half asleep half awake.

"What do you mean?" It was your own song that you'd sung while you still resided in Celestia.

He only mumbled out some broken words you couldn't make up the meaning of and went back to snoring softly through his mouth. You sighed. You'd already figured out there was something Xiao wasn't telling you and for some reason you didn't feel bitter towards him. You found that a part of you, an ancient part of your soul, trusted him completely and was unconditionally devoted to him and you allowed it to be.

If you could, you'd stay like this forever, feeling his warm breath on your inner thigh, his hair tickling the skin. He looked so unbothered and at peace as if everything was right in the world and you'd make it so it was. No matter the cost.