Warmth that burns through me

Childe held a hydro blade to your throat, barely scraping the skin of it. His other hand held both of your arms in a tight grip behind your back.

"Harm her and I'll kill you," Xiao growled, golden eyes glowing in the moonlight in apparent anger. He was standing a few feet in front of you with Zhongli at his side, fury written on his features. The archon himself looked to be at a dilemma, a distorted look on his face.

"You come a step closer and I'll kill her instead." Came the sound of Childe's voice, deep and menacing. It was the first time you'd ever seen him be so serious instead of his easy-going self.

"Childe-"

"Xiansheng, I don't think you have the right to speak on this matter. The Tsaritsa has grown impatient and I've stalled enough upon your request. I have no time to play games anymore. Now-," he turned to you and stared at you with those dull, blue eyes of his that held no emotion, "- tell me who you are before I kill you."

---

3 days earlier

"The tea in Qingce village tastes magnificent," Zhongli said across the table from you as he sipped his tea in as gentlemanly a manner as ever.

"Where is that brat," grumbled Xiao, tapping his foot impatiently.

"Unlike you gods, humans need actual sleep." You heard Childe's voice chastise behind you, descending the stairs slowly as he finally took a place on the table. "Why did I need to wake up this early anyway?" He took a bite of whatever food was on the table, prepared courtesy of Zhongli.

"We need to leave Qingce village," you stated calmly. "I think I may know where Yin is."

"Oh? And where may that be?" Childe tilted his head at you curiously.

"The frozen tree back at Mountain Hulao."

"Isn't that where we came from? Why would Yin be interested in that tree?" This time it was Zhongli who asked.

"She came to me in a dream, that's how I know we're close. However, I cannot say for certain she will be there when we arrive. I have no way to be sure of that fact, I must make that known," you warned. You also wanted to tell them there was a chance they had to fight the masked man but you didn't want to worry them. When it comes down to it you'll make sure you were fighting him alone.

"Last time I was by the tree I had this weird feeling I couldn't describe. It was almost nostalgic." You tried your best to recall the feeling you had when you'd first laid eyes upon that scenery but all you could remember was the pain that came with it. "It's just like... a feeling in my gut, as the mortals say."

"Can we really trust that feeling? Why did we come to Qingce in the first place then?" Childe chided in, leaning his elbow on the table and rested his face in the palm of his hand. He regarded you with a sceptic look in his eye, one eyebrow raised.

"Wasn't it because of you looking for a fight in a cave like a neanderthal that led us to finding that sigil in the first place?" Came Xiao's monotone voice, speaking as a matter of fact.

"T-That's... -" The harbinger looked to the side as if embarrassed, shoulders curving into himself. "Nevermind then. When are we leaving?"

"I'd rather we leave as soon as possible." You tried not to let any of your built up anxiety show up in your voice but you were desperate to leave and find Yin.

"We're leaving in an hour then." Xiao wasn't even looking at you when he spoke, instead his eyes were calmly closed and his hands were crossed on his chest. At this point you weren't even surprised that the yaksha would somehow know all your secrets and your anxieties but it still touched you and made you feel something indescribable towards him.