Last goodbye

"When are you going to give me her heart?" A cold echo of a voice ricocheted around the empty room.

"You need to be patient, Cryo Archon. There is no need to rush when half of the Archons are dead and the only one who could stop you is in fatal condition," the masked man said, pacing peacefully up and down while the Tsaritsa sat on her icy throne with a solemn face.

"You also got a trusted harbinger of mine involved. I need him back. Alive." She raised her voice, accentuating the last word.

The masked man stopped in his tracks and bowed to her, "Of course. Everything I have promised you, I shall do. I just need a little bit of time."

The Tsaritsa growled, knuckles turning white where she was gripping the arm of her throne. "Time to do what? You have the goddess in the palm of your hand, the Archons are down and we have the means to destroy Celestia." She got angry and violently stood up from her chair. "I have waited 500 years for this moment and you are telling me to wait longer?"

The masked man remained in his bowed position, golden hair falling around his concealed face. "I just need a few days more," was all he said with no further explanation.

The archon scowled but huffed out a cold breath, letting her tensed shoulders fall. "You shall have them. What is it that you're doing with her anyway? We need her alive."

The smirk on his face could be felt even through the mask and even the Archon of ice felt a chill run down her spine at the dark voice coming from the man before her. "I am going to break her."

---

"He is going to start a war in the mortal realm, can you believe this?!" You screamed in the comforts of your own room, your only audience being Yin who was trying to brush your silver hair in a futile attempt.

"The gods cannot be okay with this. I am sure they will revolt," she tried to comfort you. Yet another futile attempt. In your rage, you jolted from your seat against the boudoir and turned to her. Yin gave up completely on trying to brush your hair.

"Do you think out of thousands of gods, there won't be at least a few that will strive to have a powerful position in Celestia?" You asked angrily as you started pacing up and down.

Yin remained silent.

She really didn't like the sound of this. She had never liked the Sun God that much either. He was always a little bit too handsy with you, a bit too proud and too mysterious for someone who has lived over 10.000 years on Celestia. If you asked the people working here, trying to ascend, they could never tell you anything beyond who he was. It irked the red-haired yaksha.

"How do I stop this?" You asked as you finally stopped in front of your Yaksha and looked desperately into her eyes.

She sighed as her shoulders dropped. "I don't think we can." The way your eyes watered made her heart drop to her stomach. "The Sun God has the support of everyone in Celestia, it would be difficult to go against them in this."

"But then-"

"But I will be with you through all of it," Yin straightened up, a hard look in her eyes. "Because you shouldn't give up this easily and you should always fight for what you believe in and no matter the outcome, I will always be by your side."

"Yin-," you choked up but reminded yourself that this was a weak emotion and straightened up, eyes still glassy. "From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I will not let you down." And with a steeled gaze you rushed out of your room, moon high in the sky.

"My lady! Where are you going at this hour?" Yin yelled but got no reply.

---

The Sun Realm was marvellous. Intricate marvel buildings woven with gold, golden roofs, and pretty lily gardens adorned the domain. It shined bright even with the moon high up in the sky. So much different from your own side of Celestia where everything was made from chiselled white stone and glowing flowers decorated every corner. Here, even in the middle of the night, brightly lit lanterns were placed everywhere. If you didn't know any better, you'd think it was the middle of the day.