The other woman

"Pacing up and down isn't going to help the situation."

"Harbinger, if you speak one more word I will pierce this spear right through you."

"You two, please stop fighting. It really isn't helping right now." A soft voice broke the fight between the two men causing them to stop and look at the source.

She exhaled and got up from the seat near the bed and walked up to the green-haired boy. "Xiao, I know you're worried about her and I am too but you know her as well as I do. If we leave Zhongli to die only to save her, she will never forgive herself."

"I could be out there looking for her instead of sitting here babysitting a harbinger," he growled, side-eyeing Childe who only scoffed.

Yin frowned and crossed her arms, "You are also badly hurt. Even if you did find her, with those wounds you won't be able to do anything. You must heal-" she reached out to him in an attempt to make him sit down but the adeptus stepped back, eyes squinting at the other yaksha.

"I do not trust you, Yin. How would I know you're not just trying to stall for time?" Xiao slowly walked up to the yaksha, cornering her and whispering low enough so that Childe wouldn't be able to overhear. "Don't think I don't know about what happened right before we met with the Tsaritsa or that you were the one that dragged her right into the hands of that man," he almost growled and took another step towards her but his ankle gave out and he stumbled.

Yin caught him with a gasp on her lips but the adeptus pushed her away and stood up slowly. He probably thought he could hide his winces but the blood pooling on the floor wasn't helping.

"Please just lay back down on the bed, please," Yin begged as more blood started pouring out of his still very much open wound.

"I don't need to lay down, I need the truth," Xiao growled.

There was a squeak of a chair before a hand grabbed Xiao and basically threw him on the bed stationed next to Zhongli. "Comrade, I really hate kicking people when they're down but you need to relax." His tone was dark and low, not his usual cheery self.

It didn't surprise Yin because the situation was grave. You were gone somewhere with that man, Zhongli was in a critical condition with Xiao no better. Childe and Yin were the only ones well enough to take care of the other two but with the tension created, nothing was going as planned.

Guilt wracked Yin to her very core. She was your protector, she was supposed to be there to take the blow for you but instead, she was the one dealing the blow.

She hadn't realised when or how the masked man had poisoned her body so. The creepy smiling faces crawling up her arm made her want to throw up every time she looked at them.

The worst part was when they took control of her body. Made her do things she didn't want to. Made her hurt you.

Tears pricked her eyes at the memory of her hands around your neck and your arms, grip hard enough to make you bleed. You hadn't even fought back, you were ready to die even though Yin knew you could have killed her with one move of your pinkie.

She exhaled a shaky breath and muttered, "I'm going to go check if doctor Baizhu is coming." The other two looked at her solemnly but let her be.

Yin and Childe had taken Xiao and Zhongli to a small, old wooden house on the mountain overlooking Liyue. It was beaten up and the wood was rotting but it was the safest and closest place they could find.

From here Yin could see the Liyue port. It was red, blood still dripping from the wooden planks into the sea. Liyue was now empty, the only people being the bodies lying dead around the port. At least the masked man hadn't decided to massacre all of the city, Yin thought and still mourned.