Welcome to the War

Exactly how far are the ends of the Earth? To the Moon and Back? The Skys the Limit? It's not like we really know how far that actually goes, we were just told that it was a lot.

But what if it wasn't? What if we go further than the moon, past the ends of the Earth, and even further past the sky?

It's Dangerous. That is what they tell us. Since we were infants it's been drilled in our head, No Attachments. Like a prayer over and over again, we are supposed to be compassionate but never care too deeply. We are to do what's best, but not let our emotions guide our decisions. This Prayer is full of contradictions, the Jedi are full of Contradictions. And I am supposed to become one, All because the force deems it.

I don't mind the training. It's the Code I have trouble understanding, I talk to the masters about my questions  only to receive the same Answers " You will understand it better when you have a master of your own, young one". But I don't have a Master- at least not yet. Part of me thinks I am too young, I'm only 13, But a greater part knows there is nothing left the youngling classes can teach me.

" Skalbeck" a rough deep voice calls me, looking over my shoulder I see Master Windu. Contrary to the vast Majority I actually like Master Windu, and not just because he was the one who brought me to the temple all those years ago. Ever since I showed interest in Vaapad, Master Windu kept a close eye on me making sure I was pursuing it for the light side of the force. Which of course I was. Since the start of the clone wars, the sith have been growing, and therefore the Darkside. Master Windu didn't want me to fall to the temptation, and neither did I. A true Jedi controls the Darkside, not stray from it, and not fall to it like the Sith.

"Yes, Master Windu? Did we have a Private lesson I forgot? Again?" I asked unsurely, I have a horrible memory for a Jedi. If it wasn't for the force I would probably miss everything, I try to remember things but if I think about it too hard my brain gets foggy and hurts. " No young one, The council will like to speak to you," he tells me with a terse sentence. I pick up my legs and try to follow the tall Master to the council. Now I am by no means short for my age, but I am most certainly not the tallest. 5,1 is perfectly reasonable for a kid my age, but having such a tall Jedi certainly makes me feel short. " Have I done something wrong, Master Windu?" I asked nervously, it wasn't normal for the council to see a youngling. " No, we just have some questions for you, now come on" He once again answered. Secretly, I like to think Master Windu has a soft spot for me, but force forbids him to show it.

We reach the Council and Master Windu takes his seat, looking around I notice most of the Council are in their respectful spots minus a select few. I turned to the shortest, but most respected Master " You asked to see me, Master Yoda?"  The elderly Jedi nodded. " A Master, you have. Indeed." My eyes widened, I was getting a Master's? I was to become a Padawan? This is the best thing to happen since- force- since ever! " Calm your thoughts are not," Master Yoda said amused at my reaction. Kriff. I quickly bowed as an apology " Sorry Master, I am just excited to become a Padawan. If you don't mind me asking, who- who is my Master?" What Master wanted a forgetful Padawan? Or one that practiced Vaapad. Don't get me wrong I am extremely grateful for this opportunity, but why me?

" Master Kenobi, your Master will be". I froze. You know that moment in time with something is just almost so shocking that you can't even concentrate on time? Like the world stands still, and the space around collapses leaving only you. Yeah, that was me. Every youngling my age knew the tails of Master Kenobi, he defeated a sith when he was still just a padawan And trained Anakin Skywalker. Every time he would teach a lesson to us younglings he would always have this force signature, so calming yet it always made me feel like I had to prove myself. He was incredible and he was now My Master.

I didn't really process the time in between the council room and loading up a cruiser. It turns out Jedi Skywalker was also getting a padawan, A togruta girl by the name of Ahsoka Tano, she was only a year older than me. The Council had informed us that our new Masters were currently on a mission and in need of  a shipment of supplies, we were the delivery crew.

" So, Skalbeck-" " oh, please call me Ametrine," I told her, something told me we would be great friends. " Okay.... Well then Ametrine, are you excited to become a padawan? To master Kenobi no less!" Yup, definitely going to be great friends. " I mean, yeah... I'm excited, but honestly more shocked, I'm sure you've heard that my reputation around the temple is exactly spectacular..." by no means was my reputation bad, but it sure as hell wasn't a star student material. "Practically, but I don't see a problem with being forgetful, I mean you try right? That's all a master could ask for?" She reasoned sweetly, Maybe she was right. " Yeah I do try, but- it's just hard to explain-" I tried to reason.

See, remembering has always been a mystery to me, I don't remember coming to the Temple, I don't remember my small life before the Temple, and I don't remember the early days. I only know things about my past because other Masters and Jedi tell me about it many times. People I remember, events, places, moments, it's like I was never there. When I try to Remember things on my own, it's painful. My head feels like knives are being pounded on it, my vision becomes blurry covered by fog, It's like the world keeps telling me I'm not supposed to remember.

" Don't worry Ametrine, I'm sure Master Kenobi will help you remember things" Ahsoka hi states. Our conversation is then interrupted by a beeping from the control panel. " It's time."

A/N- First chapter how Exciting!

I would like to say, I find it sad the amount of Obi-wan Padawan stories are out there so I thought I'd write my own. here We are!