The Teth System

I saw Master and Master Yoda fly down from a cruiser. Seemingly unharmed, I ran towards the Jedi Master with the excitement of my first, yet small victory. " Master! Good to see you in one piece!" I joked, greeting him " he smiled down at me " yes well- Ametrine why are you covered in debris?" He asked, concerned, I am? I observed my clothes were filthy. Oh right, the explosion. I smiled innocently at my master, " there may have been a small explosion I set off" his eyes widened " a small explosion! Ametrine-" he started to scold. However the shorter master standing beside him cut him off "Impressed young Padawan, I am. Good pair, you two are" Master Yoda complements. I smile at his words.

Then Rex came down from a cruiser with Master Skywalker and Ashoka with him. " Anakin, I spoke to master Yoda about your situation," Obiwan tells him. " If  not ready for a Padawan, you are, then perhaps, Obi-Wan, we can-" I deflated these words. I liked Ashoka, she was my friend, and it was obvious the two work well together. They can't separate them. " No, wait a minute. I admit Ahsoka is a little rough around the edges. But with a great deal of training and patience, she might amount to something" Anakin defends. I knew it! Relief washed through me as he said these things. My friend can stay!

" then go with you she will, to the teth system," Master Yoda tells us. "Teth? That's Wild space, the droids army isn't even in that sector." Anakin states confused. The wise Master just looked down solomy " kidnapped, Jabba the Hutt's son has been."

Anakin looked a bit skeptical " you want me to rescue Jabba's son?" " Anakin, we'll need the Hutts' allegiance to give us an advantage over Dooku" master Reasons. Dooku, the name of the leader for the separatist. He was once a Jedi, very few knights ever tell me about him. Maybe I'll be able to ask Obi wan- "Negotiate the treaty with Jabba, Obi-wan and Padawan Skalbeck will." My eyes widen, politics. I'm not brave enough for politics I thought Obi-wan must have used a force bond because he gave me the same look I had. Ashoka took off to prepare the troops and Anakin just stared " don't worry Anakin. Just teach her everything I taught you and she'll turn out just fine." He says smugly. " you know, something makes me think this was your idea from the start." He states walking off. My master then winks at me causing me to giggle " let's just hope Anakin is ready for this responsibility." Master Yoda nods " ready he is, to teach an apprentice. To let go of his pupil a greater challenge it will be."

" if we've got to make a deal with Jabba the Hutt, we'd best be on our way, come on Ametrine," Obi-wan says saying goodbye as we bored the small speed fighter built for two, me sitting behind Obi-wan as he steers. Then we were off. " remind me to get a flying license Master, it looks like fun." I tell him as we enter space. I can hear a little eye roll from him " trust me, my little Padawan, it's not as fun as one may think. But never mind that tell me about yourself." I gave him a hesitant look, though he couldn't see me I'm sure he felt it through the force. "Ametrine? Something wrong?" " no master, it's just. I don't know anything about me, when you asked if my name is Ametrine because of my eyes I said yes, while it might be true that it was a coincidence. According to Master Windu, I was brought to the temple when I was 5, very late for a Jedi. But I don't remember any parts of my life before then, no home, no planet, not even my name. People called me Ametrine cause it was the first word I said" I started to explain, I could see the gears in his head starting to turn through the reflection of the glass. "As years went on I would try to remember things from my past, but every time my head would hurt with unbearable pain, so I gave up. Then I started to study Vaapad with master Windu, and I do like to read quite a bit. Oh and I can be very forgetful-" I felt the need to stop, who wanted a forgetful Padawan? Obi-wan took a deep breath " Ametrine, I don't care if you are forgetful or that you can't remember anything about your past, those are things we can work through together Alright? Now, you do like to read correct? I'm presuming that's how you learned about the force bond and energy shields, that isn't basic knowledge for a Padawan." He told me.

And so that's how the rest of the journey was spent, me telling Obi-wan about my favorite topics and interesting book discussions, he told me about his library in his apartment and promised to show me when we return to the temple. I couldn't help the nice comforting feeling flowing through me and the force. Everything felt at peace and safety, it was just me and Obi-wan, I never wanted it to end.

But soon we reached the Teth System.