"Younglings?"

We reached Cristophsis just in time to see the separatists pull back. Once we fully landed, Ashoka and I stood at the bow of the cruiser waiting for the doors to open. I was a nervous wreck, what if he didn't want a padawan after all? It could be a mistake? I wasn't left to ponder much longer when the doors lowered revealing our new masters. Ashoka took the first steps leading the way, I followed behind her. Listening in, could her Master Kenobi speak to himself "younglings?" I get it. Most padawans are 16 at the youngest and here I am.

"And who are you two supposed to be?" Master Skywalker asked rather rudely.  " I'm Ashoka, Master Yoda sent me. I was told to tell the both of you that you must get back to the Jedi Temple immediately. There's an emergency" the togruta girl said, a little urgent and timid, my guess was she was star-struck. But I had no doubt she would be her outgoing self in a matter of moments. "Well, I don't know if you've noticed, but we're in a bit of an emergency right here," Master Skywalker said snarking-who put a lightsaber up his hole- I thought, only to glance and see Master Kenobi hold back a laugh. Did he hear me?! I panicked only to see him give me a knowing smile and wink.

"Yes our communications are a bit unreliable, but we've been calling for help." Ashoka looked at the two Jedi. " Master Yoda hadn't heard from you so he sent us to deliver the message." She acknowledged me for the first time.

Skywalker just sighed " oh great. They don't even know we're in trouble" I don't know why but in the short time that I've been with both of them, I know Skywalker and Ahsoka were going to get along just fine. " Maybe you can relay a signal through the cruiser that just dropped us off." Ashoka already suggested problem-solving.

We then started making our way back to the Cruiser Ashoka leading Anakin.

We stood there for a good minute, no one saying a word until Master Yoda appeared. " Master Kenobi, glad Ametrine found you,I am." " Master Yoda, we are trapped here, and vastly outnumbered. We are in no position to go anywhere or do anything; our support ships have all been destroyed." Kenobi stated rather concerned. " Send reinforcements to you, we will." Then the connection was lost. " well I guess we will have to hold out a little longer"

Master Kenobi then turned to me and Ashoka "My apologies young ones. It's time we all had a proper introduction. " Ashoka went first. I'm the new Padawan learner Ashoka Tano, and this is Ametrine Skalbeck," she said, gesturing towards me. I just waved, I wasn't sure what else to do. " I'm Obi-Wan Kenobi your new Master" Ashoka and I looked at each other "Actually-" " I am your padawan Master Kenobi" I cut her off, finding some confidence " and I'm afraid I've been assigned to Master Skywalker" we both corrected.

" what! No no no no no no there must be some mistake. He's the one who wanted the Padawan" Anakin said in denial, Obi-wan then stood behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders " and I got one, Ametrine" he says rather proudly. Hearing him say my name with pride made me feel something, something I wasn't used to. I wasn't sure what I was feeling but it made me want to make Obi-wan proud.

"We'll  have to sort this out later.it won't be long before those droids figure out a way around our cannons' ' Master said rather smugly. Anakin unknowingly took Ashoka with him leaving me with Kenobi. For some reason I was feeling bold " Master, something tells me you were behind those two" My Master looked at me "you're a perceptive one aren't you? Well, I might have had some influence on the decision. But tell me, your name it's because of your eyes isn't it?" He spoke. I hope he didn't see me tense, my eyes were a dark part of me. Both of them are half yellow half purple, I don't know why though, Master Windu mentioned it might have to do with where I'm from. But I don't remember. Other younglings would always make comments about them, if I didn't need to see I would hide them." yes... that is why at least I think it is. I know they look like the gem, but I don't remember actually seeing one before.." I told him honestly, I can't explain it but his presence was so calming and comfortable. It was like the force wanted me to seek comfort in him. " well don't fret little one, I'm sure you will see a real Ametrine in due time, and I can tell we are going to get along just fine." He said earnestly. With that, we made our way to the cannons.

I was standing beside my new master as he went over details on how we were to destroy the energy shields. "...They're slowly increasing the diameter and keeping it just ahead of their troops." Obi-wan pointed out the obvious " the heavy cannons are gonna be useless against that". A clone, Captain Rex voiced. " As they get closer, I suppose we could try to draw them into the buildings. That might level the playing field a bit," Kenobi said kneeling a bit to be more level with the hologram.

Ashoka then walked over to me to get a better look " if that shields gonna be such a problem, then why don't we just take it out?" She asked oblivious to the situation. " It's not that easy Ashoka, energy shields are strong and not easily broken. '' I told her gently, out of the corner of my eye I saw Obi-wan smile at me. " well... I for one... agree with her." Anakin said, clearing his throat " someone has to get to that shield generator and destroy it. That's the key." I looked at them in small bewilderment, day one and they think so much alike. " right, then. Maybe You two can tiptoe through the enemy lines and solve this particular problem together." Obi-wan hinted, Ashoka jumped at the chance " Can do, Master Kenobi" "I'll decide what we do." Anakin said taking control. Master then looked back to the hologram " If Ametrine, Rex, and I can engage them here, you two might have the chance to get through their lines undetected, here." "They won't have much time, the droids far outnumber us, so our ability to street fight is limited without the use of heavy cannons. They will March forward under the protection of their shield until they are on top of ours then they'll blow them away" Rex analyzed. Looking at it he was right, there was only so much time we could hold off with these conditions.

"We'll find a way to come on master," Ashoka said, leading Master Skywalker away. "They make quite a pair, don't they? You think they have a chance?" Rex asked. " of course they do, I may have just met Ashoka but I know she will find a way, I can feel it." I defend, believe in the force, trust in the force " I hope you're right my little padawan, if they can't turn off that shield generator before it reaches the heavy cannons, there'll be no escape for any of us" My Master spoke. " jeez master have a little faith, I mean wasn't Master Skywalker you padawan?" I asked. '' he was, however, that never stopped him from not listening to me. I surely hope you are better than that, Ametrine '' I just smiled at him "I make no promises I can't remember Master" I tell him, giving him no comfort at all. I see Obi-wan shakes his head " force help me-" I couldn't hear the rest of what he mumbled, but I knew this was going to be fun.

I stood with Obi-wan plugging my ears as we stood at the base of the heavy cannons. " that shield sure is putting a crimp in my day" he hollers over the noise " it's no use, sir! Even at full power, the cannon doesn't affect it." Rex yelled to him. "All right Rex, it was worth a try. Tell them to fall back" Kenobi ordered. We hunkered down against some rubble when the energy shield passed over us, " eewh, I do not like that feeling" I voiced to my master after feeling the uncomfortable tingle. He just chuckled at my antics '' you get used to it little one" he then ignited his lightsaber, signaling me to do the same. The fun was about to begin.