Count Chase

A little time has passed since my first mission with Obi-Wan. Since then Obi-wan really started hunkering down on my training claiming ' we don't know how long we are going to be at the temple so we need to make the most of it' it's not that I don't enjoy the hour-long meditation sessions and failing over and over again- oh wait it is. The only good thing that has come from 'quiet days' is Obi-Wan's Library in our apartment. Yes, it may be small but the entire collection is filled with authentic books from all over the galaxy! Don't get me wrong I love the Jedi Library but this one, it's special, like a hidden treasure for few to find.

The rest and 'relaxation' came to an end when Master and Anakin started tracking Count Dooku. Now I'm floating with Obi-wan to rescue Anakin from a separatist ship. We were sneaking through the shadows behind the droids sliding our way through open doors to get to the prison cells. One thing I have discovered since becoming a Padawan is that I am extremely sneaky, as an exercise Obi-wan had us play hide and seek in the Temple to teach me how to hide my force signature and how to look for him. Needless to say, that is my favorite exercise.

Walking down the dark Hallway Obi-wan turned to me " Alright, Ametrine time to put your training to the test, try to find which Cell Anakin is in" He told me, taking a deep breath I closed my eyes and focused on finding Anakin's signature, I continued to walk down the Hallway with Obi-wan following silently. I came to a stop at the cell door " I think he is in there Master" I told him honestly, he just smiled at me, and not a smile that one could read as right or wrong. "let us see my little Padawan" he said clicking the button, The doors to the cell slid open to reveal- Not Anakin. 'Whoops,' my cheeks flushed as My master apologized to the two Prisoners. He then moved over to the cell next to the one I pointed to, " you very Close, it was a good first attempt" he praised gently hitting the button to reveal an empty cell.

I stood guard while Obi-wan walked into the cell, Anakin falling from the ceiling right behind him " oh it's you" The brunette said disappointingly, " this is how you thank me for rescuing you, pounce on me from the ceiling?" My master Joked, " Kinda difficult without a... lightsaber, thanks". The two men began to bicker about the plans like an old married couple as we walked our way back from the cell. I found it entertaining to just listen. We reached the room that held Dooku in it, the three of us immediately standing guard igniting our lightsabers " if it doesn't count Dooku." My master said. The elderly man just sat in meditation " Obi-wan Kenobi. I thought I sensed an unpleasant disturbance in the force, I see you brought your little Padawan with you. And managed to free young Skywalker" he said ominously. Just then the whole ship started shaking, 'ah there it is' I thought knowing it was our Jedi cruiser " your ships are surrounded count, Republic troops are boarding as we speak." Anakin said confidently "Jedi Fools" Dooku spoke as the floor behind him dropped. " I should've seen that coming. What are you doing?!" Obi-wan says as  Anakin and I start to chase after him " Following him?" I said absentmindedly " Not in that way, we need to cut him off" " you cut him off, I'll follow him and meet you at the hanger" Anakin shot back jumping down the tunnel. I made my way over to the general " why do I even try?" he says to himself " for me Master, duh." We then sprinted towards the hangar to know what was the only way for Dooku to leave. As we arrived I saw a Ship pull out of the cruiser " we're too late, he's getting away!" I yelled, " Not for long," Obi-wan assured as he started to take over another small ship. We then go to work trying to prepare the ship to launch when Anakin joins us " I thought you were following Dooku?" I questioned in a teasing manner " I was, I followed him here. Hang on" he replied snarkily.

God I hated Anakin's flying, I hated flying in battles in general but whenever Anakin flew it was like going into hyperspace and getting spun a thousand times. My stomach could barely handle it, " Ahsoka, Dooku managed to escape but we are in pursuit. We could use some reinforcements to follow us in what ships you can round up" Obi-wan speaks through the intercom. I watched as Anakin and Obi-wan work together to shoot down Dooku and the fighters, unfortunately, in the process, some scrap metal crashed into our ship, causing Anakin to do another crash landing.

I grunted from impact as the seatbelts contracted against my chest violently, our ship sliding into the ground of our unknown planet, somehow my master and Anakin bickered the whole crash until we finally came to a stop. " Are you alright, Ametrine? Anakin didn't hurt you with his horrible flying did he?" Obi-wan asked. I shook my head. " I don't know who's worse at flying, you or Anakin Master," I told him to stand up from my spot to shake off the adrenaline from the crash. The three of us then jumped out of the destroyed ship. " very funny little one, but I've had better landings" Anakin then points to another Abandoned ship "Dooku" was all he said.

The three of us cautiously examined the wreckage, finding no traces of Dooku. I began to look around at the surrounding vicinity. Whatever planet we were on was dull, greys and fog covering the ground, rocks stacked upon rocks made walls around us. " A homing beacon?" " which means the count is waiting for help, so he can't be far off" I then saw a cave in the distance " Master over there, I think I see a Cave System '' I told them pointing in the direction I was looking. Obi-wan placed a hand on my shoulder, " good eye, Trin. Caves are a good start" he said walking towards said direction.

We reached the cave and immediately noticed the life forms in there. The cave was decorated with numerous shimmering gems and jewels that sparkled even in the dark. " You guys sense life forms too, right?" I asked unsure of what they were exactly, who knows what lives down here. Anakin nodded " And Dooku is one of them," He said, igniting his ice blue saber, master doing the same "so let's get to him before something else does' '. I then ignited my saber, the familiar violet glow bringing comfort as I stalked behind the Jedi. It wasn't long or deep into the cave that we heard a scratch " what was that?!" I asked in a panic, although I never got an answer as rocks started to fall above us, " RUN!" Obi-wan yelled pushing me out of the way, or well tried to. Before I could fully comprehend what was going on everything went black.

A/N- I'll Admit my original plan was to have one chapter per episode but DAMMMN they cram a lot into those 25 minutes. so that's out the window. 

anyway enjoy~