"There's That Smile"

(Obi-Wan POV)

" Now we'll need to find an antidote," I said as the Naboo guards took Dr. Vindi away. The general approached me and Anakin " I think I found an answer for you" he said as we headed back to the control center for him to explain. "So you think you found a cure?" Ankin said rather anxiously, in all the years I have raised him the one thing I never managed to do was to get Anakin to control his feelings in situations such as this. Yet I must admit even I am having trouble to calm the worry. " possibly. A little-known extract made from reeksa root, a weed like vine found only on Iego, the world of a thousand moons, deep in separatist-controlled space." The Naboo general said. Anakin already leaving said "let's go" the general tried to advise my former padawan but never got the chance due to his impatience " there's no time for caution, my padawan is trapped down there and so is Padme- I mean Senator Amidala" I stopped him by his shoulder causing his blue eyes to glare into mine, I gave him a nod " I conquer Anakin, do not forget that my padawan is also down there" I agreed as we left for the ship.

(Ametrine POV)

After discovering that my com was broken and not allowing me to respond back, I realized that the next best thing for me to do was to find the missing droids and stop them from escaping. I rounded various corners of the halls of the lab and have yet to encounter anything but the blue mist, after some short experimentation I discovered the more energy you used the faster the virus spread. That meant no using the force while this exposed. I turned another corner near the south quarter, as I prepared to jump into action the sounds of various blasters went off. I sprung into action slicing the droids, by the time they were all gone I looked to see the clones and Ahsoka to my right, and senator Amidala and representative Binx in hazmat suits. I looked at my friend " try not to use the force Ahsoka, the more energy you use the faster it spreads" I announced to all. Judging by their looks I must've looked horrible. My body felt sore all over, my mind was getting foggier and foggier. By the time we got the last of the droids I couldn't hold myself up any longer and I collapsed to the ground. I felt two arms pull me up and prompt me onto their side, opening my eyes I saw it was Padme. Midway through our hunt, the senator's suit was compromised, leaving her as a victim of the virus as well. Looking straight forward I see a hologram of Anakin and Obi-wan. " Master, can you hear me? We destroyed all the droids in the compound master, and Naboo is safe from further contamination. We also found Ametrine-" she got cut off by her own coughs. Ignoring padmes message to Anakin I turn to look at Obi-wan " I'm sorry master, I should've listened to you-" " don't you dare give up on me Ametrine, I made a promise to you when we first met do you remember?" He asked kindly playing our little game. I gave him a faint smile " you said that you would show me an Ametrine gem, right? As long as I remembered it you promise to show me." "that's right little one, and I keep my promises. So I need you to hold on just a little longer. Can you do that for me? Please? And for force's sake sit down!" he scolded lightly. I tried to laugh but the coughing prevented it. Right after, the transmission cut off leaving us to the lab virus. Clones were dropping like flies, and my ability to stand was long gone. I took deep breaths, just allowing my body to relax and dull the ache. It felt rather peaceful for a while, no noise, no fighting. If I tried hard enough it felt familiar just lying there helpless, but like everything in my brain the thought of familiarity faded, and I was left to see nothing but black.

Feeling the fresh air flow through my lungs was like breathing for the first time, it felt clean and new. My mind was still hazy when I opened my eyes, yet I could not mistake the familiar silhouette of my master even if I tried. " you had me worried there my little Padawan" he told me gently as he walked with my moving cot, " I'm sorry I left you alone down there-" " it wasn't your fault Master you couldn't have known" " Yes well, as your Master my first priority is to keep you alive and I would barley say I'm two for two" I giggled at his joke " there's that smile" he said softly, almost too soft to hear. " get some rest, my dear, you've more than earned it" he told me gently and patted my head before leaving to go handle the cleanup. With a soft sigh, I closed my eyes for some much-needed rest, dreaming of the little library back in Obi-was quarters. Our own little treasure.

A/N- its a little on the short side.