ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ɪ'ʟʟ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴᴇ." 

ᴘʜɪʟʟɪᴘ ᴘʜɪʟʟɪᴘꜱ

━━ 🌹 ━━

"You heard her; my granddaughter, (Y/n) Hashimoto, is as of this moment at your disposal," the leader of the Inferno Gang announces loudly as he moves his hands from my shoulders to my arms. "I'm confident that (Y/n) will help you bring an end to this case along with my grandson."

"How old are you?" Shirou Ogami questions sharply and I can't help but drown in his light grey eyes as I helplessly stare at him. 

"I'm twenty-one years old, sir," I answer quietly and try my best to calm my racing heart. 

He raises an eyebrow at this and states, "Sorry, it's just you look quite young."

"I get that a lot," I respond automatically with a blank face. "Sometimes that's either a good thing or a bad thing for me."

But I don't have immortality like the Silver Wolf does. And I never will.

"And what about you?" he asks as he swiftly turns his gaze to my adoptive brother. 

Oki immediately straightens his back and stutters, "Se—Seventeen years old, sir!"

"You can't accompany us then," Mr Ogami instantly says.

"Wait, what? Why?" Oki whines.

"Ms Michiru Kagemori," I call out to the second youngest person in this room before Mr Ogami can answer. "You were helping the police before you turned eighteen years old, correct?"

"Uh, I was," the young tanuki replies hesitantly. 

Only now do I realise that she's still in her Beastman form whereas the rest of us are in our Human form. I wonder if she feels insecure in her Human form. Or perhaps it's something else.

"Mr Ogami, if that was the case with your colleague, then there shouldn't really be a problem if my younger brother is a part of this investigation. Furthermore, he's about to turn eighteen," I say as I direct my attention back to the Silver Wolf. "If his age still worries you then allow me to assure you that I will keep a very close eye on him."

My adoptive brother looks like he's about to protest but stays silent when he sees that I've raised my hand as a sign for him to not do or say anything.

Mr Ogami lightly taps his foot on the ground once and then sighs softly, saying, "Alright then. I'll take your word for it, Ms Hashimoto."

Oki lets out a triumphant cry at this decision while I bow my head in thanks.