ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ɪꜱ ꜱᴀʏ ɪᴛ." 

ʟʏʀᴀ

━━ 🌹 ━━

Other than the loud sounds coming from the television, there are no words spoken as I stare wide-eyed at the Silver Wolf and he stares back at me with an empty expression on his fair face.

"Then who are you, (Y/n)?" he whispers and leans so close that our foreheads nearly touch.

Opening my mouth, my heart starts to race like crazy as I try to speak, "Shirou, I'm not—"

I'm not normal.

I'm the Ebony Wolf, the Big Bad Wolf.

I'm your opposite, I'm your worst enemy.

I'm a coward who hid away from you for over 1,000 years.

"I'm not that brave," I choke out instead of speaking my thoughts. "You think I'm good but I'm really not. I've done awful things in the past, things I try to hide from my family and others."

"We all have our own dark pasts, (Y/n)," Shirou states quietly as he gently moves our intertwined hands from his lap to his stomach. "In the end, what really matters is how you deal with it. Some of us try to run away, some of us try to forget, and some of us try to face it. Even though I always remembered what happened in the past, I used to drown in my pain and despair because I had no clue how to deal with it. But I only recently learned how to accept my past and just move on."

Because the Silver Wolf has found people who care for him; Michiru, Melissa, Gem, the Mayor.

"But what about the others?" I ask weakly. "There are others who might not accept your past."

"That's true," Shirou agrees and I flinch slightly at this which causes him to frown. "You may not be ready now, (Y/n), but I would listen to you if you ever wanted to tell me about your past or just anything. I've dealt with a lot of messed up things so trust me when I say nothing can faze me."

After getting to learn more about Shirou Ogami these past few days, I've become painfully aware of the fact that he can't deal with new things very well. So finding out I'm the Ebony Wolf, the Big Bad Wolf, would destroy his heart. I'm quite sure of this. Which makes this even harder for me.

Now may not be the right time but honestly, when will it ever be?

"(Y/n)," Shirou breathes worriedly as one of his gloved hands gently reaches for my cheek.

I startle when I realise that large tears have built up in my eyes but the other wolf doesn't say anything about this as he holds onto me carefully, his gloves brushing against my warm skin.