ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ɪꜰ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴄʀᴀꜱʜᴇꜱ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ꜱᴀꜰᴇ." 

ᴡɪᴛᴛ ʟᴏᴡʀʏ

━━ 🌹 ━━

Heart beating wildly beneath my chest, I know that sharp silver eyes are watching me carefully as I take the first couple bites of my dish. But I try my best to just focus on my favourite food and not look up to see the other ancient being. Though it's really hard to not do this.

"Are you not going to eat, Shirou?" I question quietly and finally look up to see that he's picked up a fork, black gloves still on his hands, but he hasn't eaten any of his pasta salad yet.

"I will," he murmurs softly and then picks up some of the pasta salad with the fork, white teeth flashing for a couple of seconds before disappearing when he takes a large bite of his food.

My eyes quickly dart over to his pasta salad dish just for a second before looking up and I nearly choke on my food when I see that the Silver Wolf is watching me again, fork still in his mouth.

"Do you want to try some, (Y/n)?" he asks me politely once he's swallowed his mouthful.

"I wouldn't mind trying some," I answer so Shirou grabs a spare fork beside his plate, picks up a decent amount of his pasta salad and then offers it to me, waiting for me to take a bite.

Unsure whether I should take the fork from his gloved hand or eat straight off the fork, I decide to lean forward slightly and gently bite onto the pasta salad offered to me, chewing the whole mouthful before slowly sitting back comfortably in my seat and politely eating behind my hand. 

When I look up, I notice that Shirou's silver eyes are widened slightly but he quickly drops this look and coughs behind his other gloved hand, placing the spare fork on a piece of napkin.

"I like it," I comment once I've swallowed my mouthful. "I can see why you like it, Shirou."

"Hmm, that's good to hear," he says and then picks up his fork again to eat. 

After a minute, I ask him quietly, "Would you...like to try some of mine?"

"Sure," he says and while he tries out my favourite dish, I can't help but study him; his grey eyes that are always so alert and vigilant; his perfectly ruffled white hair; his slender gloved fingers; his casual clothes that fit him so well; the black collar snuggly wrapped around his pale neck.

"Shirou, is there a reason why you wear that collar?" I ask him before I can stop myself.

His gaze snaps over to me as he continues to chew slowly and when he swallows down his food, he answers, "It's just something I've always worn and right now, it's sort of hard to shake off the habit of wearing it. After the incident two months ago, I thought I'd be able to stop wearing it but every morning, I instinctively put it on. I didn't even realise I was wearing it until you asked me."