ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

━━🌹 ━━

━━🌹 ━━

"ɪ'ᴅ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜɪᴍ."

ꜱᴀᴍᴍɪ ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛᴀɴᴛɪɴᴇ

━━🌹 ━━

━━🌹 ━━

"Forgive me for not figuring this out sooner, Ebony Wolf," the 1,000-year-old being in front of me whispers apologetically. "Looking back at how I approached it, I feel like a complete idiot now."

I let out a gruff growl in agreement to this statement and my heart skips a beat when the Silver Wolf smiles brightly at me in return. Suppressing the urge to shiver, I just silently stare at him.

He looks...different. More relaxed, more calm. I won't lie, there's something about the way he's looking at me right now; his gorgeous eyes seem lighter, radiating a certain sense of coolness.

"We need to get you out of here," he murmurs softly to me as he runs his fingers through my fur.

The two of us startle when the walls of the area I just came from suddenly collapse, smoke and dust spreading everywhere. Pulling away from Shirou's warm touch, I rush over to the area but then quickly back away when large pieces of the walls disperse everywhere and block my way.

No, no, no. Kura's still in there. I need to find her. I need to get back to her. I can't just leave her—

"(Y/n)," I hear the Silver Wolf call out from behind me. "(Y/n), please. We have to get out of here!"

Swiftly glancing over my shoulder, I shoot him a desperate look, hoping that he'll understand.

Shirou winces at my reaction and clenches his gloved hands into fists. "(Y/n), we can't stay here any longer. This building is going to collapse any second and we still have to find the others—"

I flinch, my red eyes widening. Find the others? Don't tell me the rest of my family came here?

"It's OK. Only your grandfather and some of the Inferno Gang came," Shirou quickly responds.