ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴄᴀʀꜱ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ,

ᴛʜᴇʏ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜʟᴇꜱꜱ."

ᴀᴅᴇʟᴇ

━━ 🌹 ━━

"Don't you dare hurt them," I hiss at the leader of the Leviathan Gang, my eyes wide with pure rage, my fingernails digging into my palms. "Don't you dare hurt any of them. You hear me?"

Behind my former mother, I see both Osamu and Eiko flinch at my threat, their shoulders tense.

"They are not your family, (Y/n)," the Beastman in front of me states coldly. "Now, you may think I'm being cruel and irrational but I have every right to be angry. They took not only my daughter but my granddaughter as well. All these years, I've been aimlessly trying my best to protect my two grandchildren. And you were with them this whole time, my darling. I still can't believe it."

I should have realised this way sooner. This is why Osamu and Eiko looked so familiar right from the moment I first met them. It took me way too long to even remember my previous life.

Their physical looks are a mix of their parents' physical characteristics. Even though these two siblings have their mother's sharp amber eyes and slightly-tanned skin, Osamu Hajime has his father's dirty blond hair whereas Eiko Hajime has her mother's raven-black hair. They seem to also have inherited certain habits from their parents; Eiko's nervous and skittish habits are just like her father's and Osamu's bubbly and charming personality is just like his mother's.

Their mother, Yuki Shima, married a leopard Beastman, Ren Hajime, when I was still a teenager. I remember Osamu and Eiko's father died in a terrible car accident soon after Eiko was born and Yuki was diagnosed with coronary heart disease just a year later. And then that's when I left.

My mind was so messed up in my previous life so I resorted to anything that could distract me from the darkness in my head. Smoking just happened to be one of those habits that would allow me to escape from the real world. And that was one of the reasons why I died so young.

My whole life, I never found out that my former mother was the leader of the Leviathan Gang. She hid her other life so well. I'm quite sure that her eldest daughter also had no clue about this.

Suzume Shima; the name of my former mother; the Beastman who I thought was just a widow trying to run a business and take care of her daughters. But it seems all of that was just a facade.

Even though we didn't always get along, I could tell she was a good Beastman. Lost, but good. Just like me. But, frustratingly, I was so cold and heartless and just pushed everyone away.