Chapter 17

I really have to stop posting when i'm tired. Okay, so, first things first, I'm sorry. Like, really very truly sorry, but i missed a chapter. If you want to read it, it's 15. That's the only thing you missed. Again, i'm really sorry. Don't hate me! Second: this isn't a new chapter, i simply added the old one. again, sorry. But, if you're not mad at me and would still like to read the story, i'll be posting the new chapter soon. I know this story hasn't exactly been that great of a story, but it is my first, so bear with me here. (: i'd really like your feedback though!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Seventeen

“What do you mean you’re moving?” I shout at Blade, panic making my voice an octave higher. He can’t move! I just lost Greg, I can’t lose him too! He’s supposed to be the one that takes care of me! He’s supposed to be here for me when I need him! I know I’m sounding like a brat, but come on! He just can’t leave!

“Leigh, I’m so so sorry. My mom was offered a new job and she really needs the money right now. Its not like we won’t ever see each other again. It’ll just be farther apart visits for shorter periods of time.” he says to me, his eyes begging me to understand.

But I don’t want to understand. I want to go crawl under a rock and never come out. I want everything to go back to the way it was before Greg left. But it won’t. Not anymore. With Blade leaving, that chance is gone.

“I’m sorry.” he says when a single tear escapes my eyes and slides down my face.

“So am I.” I tell him.

He hold his arms out to me and I crumble. I wrap my arms around him and hold him tightly. Maybe if I hold him tight enough, he won’t leave. Maybe he’ll stay here with me. I know that by doing this I’m only making it harder for the both of us, but I can’t help it. When he leave… there will only be a little part of me left. Amanda. She’s all I have after Blade leaves and she’s going off on a trip somewhere. Everyone is leaving me and I can do absolutely nothing about it.

“When are you leaving?” I ask him. I close my eyes and hold my breath. Maybe he’ll be here for a while. He might not be moving for a few months. There’s always that hope but when he opens his mouth to speak, I know we only have a short time left together.

“Three days.” he says. A sob escapes me and I bury my head in his chest. Why is that happening to me? Why does it seem like every time I have something good in my life it disappears? Is something seriously that wrong with me?

He holds me close and whispers in my ear. He tells me everything will be okay and that I’ll see him soon. He promises.

“I have to go pack.” he says and I nod, stepping away from him. “Will you be alright?”

“Yes.” I lie. He studies me for a moment and I can tell he knows I’m lying. He puts his hand under my chin and tilts it up. “I love you, Leigh.”

A small smile spreads across my face as my heart skips a beat, the same way it has every time he’s told me that. “I love you, too.” I tell him.

He leans forward and gently places his lips against mine. When he backs away, its too soon but I know he has to go.

“I’ll be back soon.” he says and leaves.

I walk into my room, curl up on my bed and cry. I don’t know how long I lay there but when I open my eyes again its dark. I roll over on my bed and stare at the glowing red letters. It’s a little past midnight. I sigh and roll onto my back.