Chapter 9

I'd just like to say Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope ya'll had a wonderful day. This is a great holiday. The food is so good :D

Anyway, enjoy!!

xoxox

_______________________________________________________________

When I wake up I feel cold. I roll over and am surprised when I actually roll all the way over. Nothing stops me. I open my eyes to see the two beady green eyes staring back at me. I scream and jump up.

I look down at the furry little thing at my feet. It's Amanda's cat, Tiger. It's cool because she actually looks like a tiger with black and orange stripes, but I guess that's probably why she named her Tiger.

I reach out and scratch her ears. She leans forward and starts purring. Before I know it, she's climbing all over me and I'm laughing. She has claws, but they don't puncture my skin. She's a very gentle animal, especially looking the way she does.

"Come on, Tiger. Let's go see who else is up." I stand up and she looks up at me expectantly. I walk out of the room and into the kitchen, Tiger following like a lost puppy. She's so cute!

"Finally." I hear someone mutter. "Hey, you guys! Sleeping beauty is awake!" Amanda shouts and I can't help but laugh. I'm in an usually good mood today. I hear pounding footsteps. Greg and Blade sprint into the room, not bothering to stop at Amanda. They come straight for me. My eyes go wide and I turn to run but am tackled to the ground not five feet away.

"Hey!" I shout and hear laughing. Why did they tackle me? I just woke up! "Get off!"

"No, shant." I hear Greg say and Blade chuckles.

"You sleep like the dead, Leigh." Blade tells me. I smile. I know I do. It's scared Greg numerous times before.

"Ha-ha." I say instead. "Very funny. Now get off!" I roll over causing the two of them to fall over themselves and stand up quickly. I look for an escape but find none so I just settle with hiding behind Amanda.

"No fair!" They say together and I start laughing.

"Life isn't fair. Especially when you give someone a rather rude awakening."

"It wasn't a rude awakening. You were already awake when we tackled you." Blade says as they walk over to us and sit down. I decide to sit next to Blade and he smiles at me. I return in.

"You two, I swear." Amanda says and I look away, blushing.

"Shut up." I grab the nearest object and throw it at her, unaware of what it was. When the room falls silent, I look up to see what happened.

Flour covers Amanda. Her face is so comical that I crack up laughing in an instant.

"That wasn't very nice." She says, grabbing a little flour and tossing it back at me. I stop laughing and grab some more.

"Return fire! This means war!" I shout and toss it at her while running out of the kitchen. When I make it to the living room, strong arms grab hold of my waist and haul me back to the kitchen.

"Hey!" I shout through my laughter.

"Bad girls never go unpunished." When we reach the table, Greg doesn't let go. I have a bad feeling about this. Amanda and Blade are both holding handfuls of flour.

"Hey Leigh! It's so nice to see you!" Amanda's voice sounds cheery and I know what she's going to do. I narrow my eyes at her.

"You wouldn't." She missed before and I only have a little flour on my arm. I donn't really want the task of having to wash it out of my hair. That stuff suck like gorilla glue. I grimace at the thought.