Dancing In The Moonlight

Laine and Josh arrived at the party. The beautiful boardwalk by the sea was illuminated by strings of lights everywhere. The sun had just set, and the lights were already on. Josh helped Laine out of his car, a glimmer in his eyes.

"This is where I come to have fun." He smiled.

"I love it!" She looked around, wide eyed with excitement. She had never seen anything like it.

"Shall we?" Josh took her hand again and walked them to the entrance.

"Josh! Nice to have you again!" The bouncer greeted him as a usual. She knew that she didn't know much about her date, but this was almost unbelievable. She wasn't complaining though, of course. She found this quite charming.

"Nice to see you again, Al!" Josh gave the man a firm and enthusiastic handshake.

"I see this is the lady you talked about last time." Al winked at Laine. She couldn't help but blush. She already felt so special here.

"Indeed it is!" Josh kissed her on the cheek, which made her a little dizzy. They had been on five dates previously, and she was simply head over heels for this man.

As Josh guided her through the crowd, there were many dancing bodies nursing a drink in their hands, sometimes even two. She was looking around, trying to take everything in. Her eyes darted from one thing to the next, and she had a huge smile on her face, and a sense of euphoria was creeping up on her.

"My darling, this is the bar!" Josh presented the bar proudly, as if it was his own.

"String lanterns illuminated the whole bar. The view of the ocean was right in front of her. The bartender was cleaning out glasses. He turned around to greet the two.

"Josh! How've you been?" The bartender seemed thrilled by his presence, just like the bouncer.

"I've just been swell!" Josh replied, "Brought my date this time!"

"My, you must be Laine!" The bartender gasped, sitting his rag and glass on the bar, "you're stunning! Just how Josh described!"

"It's so very nice to meet you sir!" She shook his hand.

"'Name's Chris!"

"Nice to meet you, Chris!"

"Lovely to meet you!"

Josh placed his hand on her lower back, which made her heart flutter. They sat down at the bar, and she adjusted her dress. It was form-fitting except at the waist. It flowed, gently resting on her legs. The length was a little bit above her knees. Chris resumed cleaning the glasses, and it gave the couple time to think about what they wanted to drink.

"Love, they have everything here! Every drink you could think of!"

She chuckled at how excited Josh was to show her this place.

"I'm sure they do, Josh! This place is absolutely stunning!" she replied, "and my, just look at the view."

Josh looked into her eyes fondly.

"That view!' she pointed towards the sea. Josh realized the joke and snickered, tapping her leg playfully.

"What should I order?" she asked as their laughter died down.

"Well, I always go with a salty dog."

"Salty dog?" she didn't know what a salty dog was.

"Oh it's marvelous!" Josh exclaimed, "it's a greyhound with salt on the rim."

"It's his go-to." Chris chimed in, pointing at him, rag in hand.

"Okay but gin or vodka?" she asked.