Jake Sparrow

Laine awoke the next morning to bunched blankets beside her, and a note.

𝐸𝓁𝑒𝓃𝒶,

𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝒹 𝑜𝒻𝒻 𝓉𝑜 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓀, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝓌𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓀𝑒𝒹 𝓈𝑜 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓈𝓁𝑒𝑒𝓅. 𝐼 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒽𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈. 𝐼 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝓇𝒶𝒾𝒹𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓅𝒶𝓃𝓉𝓇𝓎 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝓂𝓎𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒻 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝑒𝑔𝑔𝓈. 𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝐼 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝐼'𝒹 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓅𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝓇𝒾𝒹𝑔𝑒, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓃𝑜𝒷𝑜𝒹𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒𝓈 𝒸𝑜𝓁𝒹 𝑒𝑔𝑔𝓈. 𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝒶 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊, 𝓅𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁 𝒻𝓇𝑒𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝒾𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒶 𝓃𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝒻𝒻𝑒𝑒.𝒳𝑜𝓍𝑜, 𝒥𝑜𝓈𝒽.

As Laine read, her heart couldn't help but beat a little faster. This was the next best thing to waking up with him, and she really wanted that coffee. Coffee made her think of work, and then she suddenly realized she had overslept.

Stumbling out of bed, she had a shower, dressed herself, and then swiped the twenty on the table before closing the door in a hurry. She stopped at Dunkin' to get herself a large cup of coffee and some donuts, and then she was off to work.

She was met with stares from her coworkers as she entered the coffee shop. Then she had realized that she forgot to cover up Josh's love mark from the night before. Her face flushed as she checked in for the day.

"Where were y-" A man startled her, and she jumped around to face him.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Adam!" She started to laugh, steadying herself by grabbing his arms.

"You traitor!" He pointed, accusingly at her cup of Dunkin', "are you okay- oh..." He saw the state of her neck, "well, looks like someone had fun last night." He teased her.

"Adam!"

"Okay, I'm sorry." He couldn't stop giggling.

"Is it bad?" She whispered.

"Oh, it's bad. Do you want me to check with Rachael to see if she has anything that can... fix that up for you?"

"Yes, Adam, that would be lovely, thank you." She sighed a breath of relief, as she returned to checking in.

"No problem, hun." He then disappeared over to the counter.

"Oh, Laine," Rachael started, as Laine approached her, "come here." They travelled to the women's bathroom, and Rachael pulled out her makeup sponge.

"So... Tell me all about the guy." She smirked.

"Rachael!" Laine giggled nervously. Her heart fluttered just thinking about him.

"Is he cute?"

"Yes! He's cute!"

Rachael dropped an eyeliner onto the floor; setting her makeup bag on the counter.

"Like... how cute?"

"I don't know!"

"Like... Chris Pine cute or Jason Momoa?" She exaggerated Momoa while elbowing her playfully.