One Month Pt. 2

Laine and Josh's first stop was Penny's. As Laine rushed around the store admiring the new articles of clothing, Josh followed, and even found a few things for himself. Josh walked Laine to the fitting room, where she tried on dresses, blouses, and skirts. She showed Josh each piece, and he thought they all looked stunning. Josh tried on a few dress shirts, and he picked out more ties.

As Laine was sorting through her clothes she had chosen, Josh found her over at the skirt section.

"How's it going, babe?" His hand brushed her waist.

"I think I'm going to get this one." She put the navy blue skirt back.

"I like that one, get them both." He said softly, gesturing to the blue skirt.

"Oh Josh it's too much! I already have six other things!" She replied, turning to him.

"Lainey, remember when I said this was my treat?" He started, "I should be allowed to buy you as much as you want."

"Josh-"

He cut her off with a kiss.

"Okay." She giggled, lifting the navy blue skirt back off the shelf.

"'ata girl." His lips curled into a smile as he rubbed her lower back.

"You're nice." She flirted, looking down at his lips. He chuckled.

"So we're ready then, my dear?"

"Yes."

They hit at least five more stores within the mall. They looked at candles, perfumes, shoes, and more clothing items, and Josh was spoiling her to her heart's content. When they were finished rushing around, they each had bags apon bags, and Josh found himself buying quite a lot as well. He even bought a candle that Laine had persuaded him to get for himself. By this time, they were both ravenous, and he could tell that Laine was done with her shopping, and so they departed for dinner.

"Josh, this has been the most wonderful day." Laine declared from the passenger seat, as she looked through her bags. Josh smiled, looking at the road. The best feeling was making Laine happy.

"Don't worry my dear, this is only just the beginning." He said.

"Where are we going to eat?" She asked, just like she had done before the mall.

"Ah, that's a surprise as well."

Laine wondered where he could be taking her. Her mind dreamed of possibilities and savory food that would fill her tummy. It was already six o'clock, it didn't feel like they had been shopping for that long, but the sun had reached its peak in the sky a few hours ago, and was now heading for the horizon. In another few hours, it would be dark. Laine relaxed as Josh turned on the radio to the soft rock station. She couldn't stop looking over at him, though she tried to make it somewhat subtle.

They arrived at the beautiful restaurant by the sea. The sight was magnificent, and very reminiscent of the night at the boardwalk just thirty days ago.

"This place is beautiful." She was taken by surprise at the aesthetics of the restaurant.

"I've heard it has great reviews." He chuckled. Parking in a nearby parking space, he put the car in park, as Laine tried to see inside the place from where they were. All she could see were warm lights, and elegant seating areas. There was a deck outside, which had tables for two, and looked out upon the ocean.

"I'm starving, how about you?" He asked playfully, unbuckling his seatbelt.

"Absolutely ravenous." Laine agreed, rubbing her stomach. Josh exited the car, and went over to escort Laine. As he helped her out of the car, she could smell the salty ocean air, as a gentle breeze swept through her hair. As she looked upon the ocean, her eyes lit up. Josh suddenly swooped in for a kiss, grabbing her waist. She squealed at the suddenness, smiling through the kiss, as she draped her arms around Josh's neck. She felt like she was flying. And the sensation of Josh's lips on her's made her legs turn to jelly again. As he broke from the kiss, Laine was exhilarated, as she looked in his eyes.

"C'mon, let's go!" She tugged at her boyfriend's arm suddenly, as he closed the door behind her. Together, they ran to the door, expelling the energy from the thrilling kiss.

As they entered, they were slightly winded, and Josh adjusted his tie clumsily. A waiter soon came by to seat them.

"Table for two?" The man asked.

"Yes please, reservation for Josh Kiszka." He panted. The waiter chuckled.

"Sure, we have you down for 6:30, and you two are just on time. Weren't in any rush were you?" He teased. Laine was blushing, as she looked over at Josh, with a mischievous glimmer in her eye, wearing a smirk. They laughed, then the waiter asked the two to follow his lead as he seated them.

They arrived at a booth by the window, and Laine could see the outlook perfectly, as they took their seats.

"Oh Josh, you remember everything don't you." She hinted at the fact he had reserved a window seat for the two.

"I'd have to even if you didn't like window seats. Just look at that view."

The waiter sat down their menus.

"What beverages would you folks like to start with tonight?" The waiter asked.

They flipped to the back of their menus.

"I'll take a sweet tea."

"I'll have what he's having." Laine decided.

"Okay, we will be here with your drinks in a moment, while you decide what to order."

The waiter headed for the kitchen.

"Josh there's literally a chandelier above us," Laine pointed out, "where on earth do you find such wonderful places?"

"I love looking for these spots. But I won't give away my secrets." He winked at her.

"I've never been in a relationship like this." Laine admitted, looking at him fondly.

"Neither have I." He replied cryptically. Laine could tell he was thinking about what their future had in store for them. And they were spontaneous and compatible. And neither of them knew what they were getting into.